VBCMS Comments

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingpin55
    • Jul 2010

Wow.....for some reason I started over and now it "appears" to be working. Can someone go to www.victorylaneforum.com and see if the cms frontpage comes up with content? Thanks!

Comment

• is_it_me
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kingpin55
      Wow.....for some reason I started over and now it "appears" to be working. Can someone go to www.victorylaneforum.com and see if the cms frontpage comes up with content? Thanks!
      Yep, looking good from here.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

• KProjects
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by kingpin55
        I have the same problem - what do you mean you started over?
        sigpic

Comment

• crazyfruitbat
          • Mar 2009
          • 3.8.x

yes, you have to put the edits in again. I don't know how this is not a big issue for the VB team - I can tell you now that it is a royal pain in the a$$ to fix permission stuff and have to deal with this rubbish every time there is an update. Sort it out VB! Is 9 pages of people complaining not enough for you?
          My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

Comment

• pbjunkie
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.5.x

This is an ABSOLUTE JOKE. Everytime I upgrade the complaints come in. Guess it's my fault for staying current..

Comment

• Michael König
              • May 2001
              • 3.6.x

It will be fixed in the next version:

Comment

• akia
                • Apr 2008

What would actually be a better implimention and I don't know why no one else has actually suggested it is that the articles show up in the Whats new section when a new comment is posted or the article is new and if you click it then it actually takes you to the article itself instead of the thread with the comments in. It just seems logical to me on how it should work.

A example of what I mean is if you do a search for "Best practices for upgrading to vBulletin 4.0" in the search results you've got results for threads and articles all together on on page. This is how the Whats New should work.

Comment

• DT1014
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by pbjunkie
                  This is an ABSOLUTE JOKE. Everytime I upgrade the complaints come in. Guess it's my fault for staying current..
                  Yep... they make me look like a fool too. It's maddening.

Comment

• DT1014
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by akia
                    What would actually be a better implimention and I don't know why no one else has actually suggested it is that the articles show up in the Whats new section when a new comment is posted or the article is new and if you click it then it actually takes you to the article itself instead of the thread with the comments in. It just seems logical to me on how it should work.

A example of what I mean is if you do a search for "Best practices for upgrading to vBulletin 4.0" in the search results you've got results for threads and articles all together on on page. This is how the Whats New should work.
                    YES YES YES!!!! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!?!?!? This is how forums, and groups, and everything else works within WHATS NEW! Why wouldnt the CMS articles do the same??????? So weird....

Comment

• rootsxrocks
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by DT1014
                      Yep... they make me look like a fool too. It's maddening.
                      Me three and not only that I have spent so much time trying to "fix" permissions were nothing was wrong or I was expected to be doing the debugging of a 450.00 dollar investment. Not only this issue but I have veteran vb members who are completely confused and frightened of the CMS. manyTimes we are just killing our confidence thinking it is us that is doing something wrong or ignorant when in fact it is a Bug or poor design change. Thank god I have a band of faithful followers and Vb has a firm foundation but this thing needs to be thought out from the user perspective more often. Not the Admin the most important person the end user I get quakey feet everytime I go to Update anymore, Its Hard enough to build the Mojo of a forum to lose it because of "progress" Is not acceptable. Enough FLame

I think of the new Vb CMS Front page of Crackercoast.com as a Fully Public Area (The Front Porch). I would even consider moderated comments from unregistered users with a capcha or riddle check. These comments are a lead-in to our Lobby. Once inside your free to look around When you want to participate in the conversations or play in the gaming rooms we just ask for an Id so you can then visit and participate in all our features, in fact gaining more features and liberties as you participate and build the community. just insert your facebook pass or confirm your Email, have fun build camaraderie meet and get to Know your peers and neighbors. We also Have Private Ballrooms and personal lofts avalible in our Groups and Blogs. Please consider our sponsors. What can we Do to make your stay with us more enjoyable.
                      Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...