Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charlie_Brown
    • Dec 2006
    • 4.1.x

LOL I was about to say it worked for me.

Comment

• wcguy
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by is_it_me
      Oh good, thanks for updating us.

Still beggars belief that we have to do this again ourselves when 4.05 was supposed to resolve problems caused by 4.04 and when it’s in the bug tracker as a showstopper and one of the most voted on issues.

I just don't get it.
      Evidently, neither do they.....

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by wcguy
        DT, the way I use it is when I want to have an article on the CMS, I just post it first in the forum I want it to also appear in. Then I promote it. Now, it's an article AND a first post in a thread in the forum. All the comments are now in both areas, and regardless of where a user posts a reply, in the article comments or in the forum thread, they match.

I'm not sure why this wouldn't work in your scenario? If I emailed you an article, and you wanted it on your CMS, don't you also have a forum category where it would slide into as well?
        How are you doing this? All my articles are promoted posts (new threads) and I would love to keep forum posts and comments in one place. However, don't you have to only use one forum for promotions for this to work?

Comment

• kingpin55
          • Jul 2010

I did the above code modifications and I still have all my members except admins not being able to see the "frontpage" or what I mean is when they push the "home" button it says they are not able to view this page. Guests cannot as well. I went back into admincp and made sure they had the proper permissions?........what am I doing wrong. URL is http://www.victorylaneforum.com Thanks

Eric

Comment

• is_it_me
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kingpin55
            I did the above code modifications and I still have all my members except admins not being able to see the "frontpage" or what I mean is when they push the "home" button it says they are not able to view this page. Guests cannot as well. I went back into admincp and made sure they had the proper permissions?........what am I doing wrong. URL is http://www.victorylaneforum.com Thanks

Eric
            This thread is just about not being able to view vBcms comments when you click on 'What's New' and a link in that to a CMS article/comment, like your 'VLF - A work in progress', which I can see here: http://www.victorylaneforum.com/foru...p?searchid=196

It's working on your site, so the mod has worked.

Your home page not being viewable is something totally different, if your CMS permissions are correctly set, all I can think of is that you haven't published the section.

Go into edit the section - top right under 'Publishing options' make sure 'Published' is ticked.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

• kingpin55
              • Jul 2010

is_it_me, thank you for the quick reply. The bold text below is what everyone (Guests, registered users etc.. EXCEPT admins) see when they push the home button or if they go to the homepage. Admins see the CMS Correctly. Of course if they are logged in they do not see the first 2 lines below.

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
              You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
              You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
              If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

• is_it_me
                • Apr 2008

kingpin55 have you checked it's published, I am sure this is the problem as only admins would see it if not published.

Find the little pencil thing at the end of the main heading to home page (i.e. on the home page here it's WHAT'S NEW), click that to edit the section - and check the publishing options as per my last post.

*keeps fingers crossed*

testing 1..2..3

Comment

• kingpin55
                  • Jul 2010

Yes, it is published and has been since the 16th of July. Sorry, it maybe something simple. I am only 2 days into this software as I converting my Forum over from SMF to VB on the 16th. I cannot believe how in-depth everything is as compared to SMF...lol Although I did have 5+ years with the SMF Software.

It's kinda wierd, that VB makes it way harder to do simple tasks like changing logo's etc... SMF was 1 step.....lol I got the publishing suite so I could have a place for racing news, blogs and video's and pictures all in 1 place and not a single person except me and the other 3 admin's can see it.....lol

I was also trying to figure out how to put my logo on the frontpage and I can't even find anywhere to even change the colors.......etc...

Comment

• kingpin55
                    • Jul 2010

I did go into permissions and double checked that the viewing for then was enabled?......don't know I guess.

Comment

• is_it_me
                      • Apr 2008

Well that's odd if it's published, as that seems to be the most common reason, after permissions, for this to happen.

Sadly, I have no other suggestions as I am new to it too, only started a site last year with just the forum software, you may be better off starting a new thread, as the problem isn't connected with this one, where you may get better help.

Or open a support ticket.

I am sure it's something simple - good luck.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

• Michael König
                        • May 2001
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by kingpin55
                        I did go into permissions and double checked that the viewing for then was enabled?......don't know I guess.
                        You have to edit your "Home" section (in the frontend: /content.php?1-Home/edit ) and set "Show on Section widget" to Yes.

Comment

• kingpin55
                          • Jul 2010

Thank you Mystics, where can I find the frontend?........do you mean my file manager in the php files? Sorry VB Newb here.......lol

Comment

• kingpin55
                            • Jul 2010

Hmmm.....been a long night, can anyone point me to where I can find what Mystics is referring to? Thanks!

Comment

• Michael König
                              • May 2001
                              • 3.6.x

See here, first paragraph ("Editing a Section"):
                              Last edited by Michael König; Sun 18 Jul '10, 1:43am.

Comment

• kingpin55
                                • Jul 2010

I went through each item and everything says that all my usergroups 'should' be able to see it and only admins can see it. This has got to be a bug in my cms.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...