Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sfitzgerald
    replied
    Originally posted by lovefords
    I do not understand the logic behind making the feature work through several revisions and then yank it with no warning. Thanks for nothing, you have annoyed and frustrated my entire board. And I spent hours trying to figure out what I had done wrong.

this is the main reason behind this thread ... we all *****ed when we saw it in the Beta and we didn't want it ... but we were stuck with it so we got used to it , our members got used to it and BAM it was removed and not even mentioned that it was being done , no mention of it in the change logs , no call out on the Hey the new features of VB.4.04. we decided to change the CMS comments section ...

I have fixed more bugs with this release which added other bugs and stuff to tick my group of members off where half don't even post on the comments anymore either ...

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by giorgino
    The same for moving topic/posts. The checkbox for leave redirect is now checked by default. Really annoying
    I noticed this as well but thought it was me.

Leave a comment:

• giorgino
    replied
    The same for moving topic/posts. The checkbox for leave redirect is now checked by default. Really annoying

Leave a comment:

• lovefords
    replied
    I do not understand the logic behind making the feature work through several revisions and then yank it with no warning. Thanks for nothing, you have annoyed and frustrated my entire board. And I spent hours trying to figure out what I had done wrong.

Leave a comment:

• wcguy
    replied
    Ah, makes sense now.

Leave a comment:

• DT1014
    replied
    Originally posted by wcguy
    DT, the way I use it is when I want to have an article on the CMS, I just post it first in the forum I want it to also appear in. Then I promote it. Now, it's an article AND a first post in a thread in the forum. All the comments are now in both areas, and regardless of where a user posts a reply, in the article comments or in the forum thread, they match.

I'm not sure why this wouldn't work in your scenario? If I emailed you an article, and you wanted it on your CMS, don't you also have a forum category where it would slide into as well?
    Well I promise publishers that all their articles will be published under THEIR name. That's why i need a post of theirs to promote, even if they submit their article to me via email. I see no other way to publish an article under another user, unless I go into the DB.

In time i plan to add their avatar, signature, and other details to their CMS posts.

Leave a comment:

• wcguy
    replied
    DT, the way I use it is when I want to have an article on the CMS, I just post it first in the forum I want it to also appear in. Then I promote it. Now, it's an article AND a first post in a thread in the forum. All the comments are now in both areas, and regardless of where a user posts a reply, in the article comments or in the forum thread, they match.

I'm not sure why this wouldn't work in your scenario? If I emailed you an article, and you wanted it on your CMS, don't you also have a forum category where it would slide into as well?

Leave a comment:

• DT1014
    replied
    So I looked into the VB.org mod, and thats still a no go.

I need a fix for this too, but wont use this mod. Reason? The only way to post an article in someone elses name is to promote one of their posts. Usually a completely unrelated post, if they have sent an article in via email, and never posted it on the forum. I've even removed the text that says where the article originated from because it's never related.

So this mod is nice, but wont work for me. VB needs to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• DT1014
    replied

Think, programmers, think!

Whooooa! Slow down now - you're asking for WAY too much!

Leave a comment:

• DT1014
    replied
    I'm amazed that they left this functionality in long enough for us to get comfy, and then yanked it causing all sorts of issues. What is going on?

Sigh....

Leave a comment:

• ThalamusGrondak
    replied
    Think, programmers, think!
    Simplify your life, your programming issues, and integrate your CMS and blogs so that cms comments and blog comments and forum "comments" are the exact same thing, residing in the exact same database, with the exact same permission systems, and the exact same search indexing and the exact same quick reply and advanced editors!
    Exactly!
    As I said one Year ago! http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...or-CMSarticles

Leave a comment:

• kontagio.us
    replied
    Originally posted by fogjuice
    i agree. It is extremely frustrating that you left this in for 3 revisions and then yanked it on the fourth. Everyone on my forum uses it now and you've frustrated a lot of my users. Please release a php file so we can put it back and next release create an on off switch in the forum settings.

*edit* i've just fixed it myself based on what mystics said:

Comment out line 317 to 320 in showthread.php.
    PHP Code:
    //if ($thread['forumid'] == $vbulletin->options['vbcmsforumid'] and !can_moderate($thread['forumid']))
    //{
        //eval(standard_error(fetch_error('invalid_comment_forum', $vbphrase['forum'], $vbulletin->options['contactuslink'])));
    //} 
    now open forumdisplay.php, scroll down to line 138.

Replace the following
    PHP Code:
    if (!$foruminfo['forumid'] or ($foruminfo['forumid'] == $vbulletin->options['vbcmsforumid'] and !can_moderate($foruminfo['forumid']))) 
    with this:
    PHP Code:
    //if (!$foruminfo['forumid'] or ($foruminfo['forumid'] == $vbulletin->options['vbcmsforumid'] and !can_moderate($foruminfo['forumid'])))
    if (!$foruminfo['forumid']) 
    you will have to do this if you upgrade your forum again or when ever you replace the showthread.php and forumdisplay.php files. Hopefully next release vbulletin team creates an on/off switch for this.
    thank you!!

Leave a comment:

• lifanovsky
    replied
    I think this forum should stay a technical one, making comments to the articles become visible in the search instead.
    Last edited by lifanovsky; Thu 15 Jul '10, 3:45am.

Leave a comment:

• Bram
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystics
    If you want to use the CMS comments forum as regular forum again, i.e. accesible for all users, you should vote here:
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7766
    What are we becoming here, an election? How about setting up a vote before making drastic changes?

Leave a comment:

• lifanovsky
    replied
    I would only ask that in the What's new section there were showing comments from the CMS article, not from the forum - since users get frustrated once they can't get to some post.

Also, if I make vbCMS comments forum unsearcheble - this means no one will be able to find comment in the articles? This also seems frustrating to me.. Wasn't this understandable from the very beginning that this type of software behavour is illogical and frustrating?

I can't understand - vB developers remove this feature, also some ad places - why its 4.0.4 and there is still so many bugs and also the logic of the software looks undefined? Strange and annoying...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...