ad_showthread_firstpost & ad_footer_end have stopped working after upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webxtc
    • Dec 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] ad_showthread_firstpost & ad_footer_end have stopped working after upgrade.

After upgrading to 4.04 these two templates ceased functioning? By that I mean they no longer inject their content into the site. I tried reverting them but when I did that that they simply disappeared. I recreated them however that did not solve the problem.

Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas how I can correct it?

P.S. I have deleted the original VB style long ago and even tried using the tools.php to get it back however that is not working for me either, so simply creating a new blank style does not work to fix this.
  • lifanovsky
    • Oct 2004

They disappeared for me also. Additionally, I can't add these in the ad manager. Looks like vb developers just removed these templates& I can't understand for what reason - I used them, and I can see the not only me...
    Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

• djbaxter
      • Aug 2006

I have the same issue. At the very least, I would have hoped that vBulletin would have posted an announcement somewhere that these templates have disappeared.

You can use the footer template to add the content for ad_footer_end although that's not ideal.

But for the ad_showthread_firstpost position (which until now was AFTER the first post), there does not see to be a location to add the content at all.
      Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
      Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• webxtc
        • Dec 2009
        • 3.8.x

I could not find an exact answer to this but after tooling around the trac it appears a bug was raised that involved these templates as well as many others but the response made me believe that these templates are no longer going to be available. It seemed as if it was moved under the umbrella of the "google adsense" templates. If this is the case it totally sucks because I have no interest in using the adsense integration feature but loved that template location.

I did find a work around but it requires editing the postbit template and adding a <vb if statement. I am testing the fix now.

Comment

• djbaxter
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by webxtc
          It seemed as if it was moved under the umbrella of the "google adsense" templates. If this is the case it totally sucks because I have no interest in using the adsense integration feature but loved that template location.
          I agree. Google AdSense isn't the only advertiser. What are we supposed to do with our other banners?

I did find a work around but it requires editing the postbit template and adding a <vb if statement. I am testing the fix now.
          I would be very interested in seeing this.

Comment

• lifanovsky
            • Oct 2004

I just can't understand why did they moved away the ad templated that someone was using regardless Google adsense.

Developers, please let us know whatis the purpose of moving away the tepmplates that was the for like hald a year.

Yes, I can edit showthread to put my ads back again, but the question is still there... Could you please do not move away the templates that someone might be using?

Comment

• djbaxter
              • Aug 2006

See http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-7586

Comment

• webxtc
                • Dec 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by djbaxter
                I would be very interested in seeing this.
                Currently to ad a banner after my first forum post I edited the postbit_legacy template and just before

Code:
                {vb:raw template_hook.postbit_end}
                which is at the very end of the template and I added

Code:
                <vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown']"><center> ***MY BANNER CODE***</center><br/> </vb:if>
                So far this seems to be working fine. Not sure if it is the correct way to do it, but at least it is working. Also, I read somewhere that some people are using the postbit template instead of the postbit_legacy however for me it only works in postbit_legacy.

Comment

• djbaxter
                  • Aug 2006

Currently to ad a banner after my first forum post I edited the postbit_legacy template and just before

Code:
                  {vb:raw template_hook.postbit_end}
                  which is at the very end of the template and I added

Code:
                  <vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown']"><center> ***MY BANNER CODE***</center><br/> </vb:if>
                  So far this seems to be working fine. Not sure if it is the correct way to do it, but at least it is working. Also, I read somewhere that some people are using the postbit template instead of the postbit_legacy however for me it only works in postbit_legacy.
                  Excellent. I used the postbit template and it's working fine for me with an ad banner rotator.

Comment

• Nicke71
                    • Aug 2003

Thanks for the after first post conditional, I tried to add one more condition,

Code:
                    <vb:if condition="!in_array($foruminfo['forumid'], array(12,22,25,40,44,46,47,49))">
                    but that doesnt work in postbit, it does work fine in navbar template tho.

I want after first post but not in every forum.

Any hints how to solve it?

Comment

• Nicke71
                      • Aug 2003

I solved it, if I use $thread[forumid] then it works.

Comment

• lifanovsky
                        • Oct 2004

4.0.5 is here but these templates are not there... ((

Comment

• lifanovsky
                          • Oct 2004

Is there a way to make it work in postbit? Doesn't work for me as of now...

Comment

• cloferba
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 3.8.x

i really dont understand this bug....

guys...you mean you cant show ads to users?

i have 4.0.5 and i have configurated to show advertisements to all users and they are showed...

so...whats the problem? what this thread talks about?
                            vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
                            Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

• djbaxter
                              • Aug 2006

If you're not having the problem, don't worry about it - that means you are not using those specific ad templates.

The problem is that two ad templates were removed in the switch from 4.03 to 4.04. Anyone who had ads displaying in those two templates suddenly found that the ads were no longer displaying after the upgrade to 4.04.

It wasn't fixed in 4.05.

It will be reportedly fixed in 4.06, which has not yet been released.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...