X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendak555
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Traffic

How can I drive traffic to my website??Do you think doing a Blog is helpful?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Get some good content, regardless of where it is. Then show it to people, hope they will show it to their friends. So on and so forth.

Comment

• crazyfruitbat
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

Content, content and more content. Forums on their own don't cut it like they used to - forums have competition from facebook and twitter etc so you need good content to keep people coming back to the site again and again.

Get a twitter following and post your articles to that - careful not to spam though. Same with facebook - get a fan page, its free advertising for your site.

I look at your sig and there is no link to your site, that means Zachery and I have already missed the opportunity to visit your site - you would have had 2 hits there and even more if you have compelling content that makes us want to come back. Think about how many other forums you have and the opportunity to show your site to them.

An old way of doing it is to exchange links with other sites, this can help with page rankings and google likes you a bit more. Plus builds friends links - you can all share traffic that way with folks that like the same thing as you.

I think that's a start at least
      My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

Comment

• brendak555
        • Jan 2008
        • 3.6.x

Thank you!That is a very good start!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...