X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dieselpowered
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

[CMS] Clear CMS Data

Not realizing that the CMS sections and articles share the same table ids, I went ahead and added two sections and then an article to each...with that said, the next section is not going to be numbered directly after the last since it will take the table id of the last article. Not sure why, but this drives me nuts. With that said, I would like to clear the CMS so that I can build all the sections and categories and then re-do the articles, this way the sections will have their table ids in order. Can this be done? Is there any data within the CMS that is written elsewhere in the database outside of the CMS tables? How should I go about editing the database so that the CMS is as it was right after installation (without the sample articles)

Thanks so much!
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

As far as I know, there isn't ID's are for internal use only.

Comment

• dieselpowered
      • Aug 2004
      • 4.2.X

The ID's show in the URL, lol and that drives me nuts when one section is 2 and then the next is 5.

Comment

• dieselpowered
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

Actually would this work. Install a brand new test board...then just simply manually edit the CMS tables in the database to match that of the test database?

All I need to know, however, is does any other tables outsite the cms_xxxx tables get populated with info from the CMS?

Post count does not increase when posting articles correct?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

You can try but it'd be mostly unsupported.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...