using template - how to get user id and other information?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fogjuice
    • May 2009
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] using template - how to get user id and other information?

Hello,

I'm using the custom template feature of vbulletin to create custom page templates for the first time. However, I'm curious to learn how to get user information such as userid, password, etc.

I see how to register items such as "$templater->register('pagetitle', $pagetitle);" however how can I do the opposite such as getting the userid of the user viewing the page.

Is there a guide for such a thing?

*edit* Btw I'm talking about doing this from an outside php page passing info through $templater->register, not within the vBulletin template editor.
    Last edited by fogjuice; Mon 7 Jun '10, 9:03pm.
  • Mosh
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.1.x

This article should get started - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228112
    But as this is to do with modifications, your best bet is to ask over at vBulletin.org.
    -- Wolfshead Solutions - Closed down permanently as of 1/7/2013.
    -- As of 1/7/2013, due to medical reasons I no longer support my vbulletin.org hacks as I have left the vBulletin community.
    -- My Free vBulletin.org Hacks

Comment

• fogjuice
      • May 2009
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Mosh
      This article should get started - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228112
      But as this is to do with modifications, your best bet is to ask over at vBulletin.org.

I have and no body ever replies. Moreover, I've searched and found people asking similar questions on this forum and vB staff have replied to help them.

This guide is the one I originally used but I can't figure out how to simply get the user id. All I want to do is find the user id and group id of the user viewing the page but it seems to be very hard to find a guide on how to do this.

Comment

• fogjuice
        • May 2009
        • 4.0.x

If someone had have said "$vbulletin->userinfo['userid']" then this thread would have been solved.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...