Attachments from Forum Threads that are promoted don't always work.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MagicDeckVortex
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] Attachments from Forum Threads that are promoted don't always work.

Whenever someone attaches a file or image to a thread post and then refers to that attachment in the forum thread, it works. The image or file is displayed or linked to as it should using IMG tags with the URL of the image.

However, when that same forum thread is promoted to a CMS article, the attachments no longer work and it replaces the [img*] tags and URL with [ATTACH*]0[/ATTACH*]

Why is this and is there a way around it some I don't have to correct all of the images in the promoted article?

Thank you in advance.
    Owner and webmaster of www.magicdeckvortex.com
  • Ken Sanders
    • May 2010

I am having the same problem. Running 4.0.3

Comment

• MagicDeckVortex
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.8.x

:bump: Please.

Comment

• Aug 2003

Would be nice if they fixed this, it is a basic functionality that should work.

To get around this, I manually upload a photo through the FTP and then link to it and it works correctly... pain in the ass, but it works.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.5.x

Please could you create a bug report on this and PM me the number? I remember this coming up as an issue some months back. I tried dozens of times to reproduce it and never could, and I sent PM's to the poster and got no response.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by Edwin Brown
            Please could you create a bug report on this and PM me the number? I remember this coming up as an issue some months back. I tried dozens of times to reproduce it and never could, and I sent PM's to the poster and got no response.
            Sure, would you mind explaining how to create a bug report?

Comment

• burntire
              • Jun 2006

Duplicated here. For now I just use the attachment URL with image tags.
              www.highperformancestangs.com

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by burntire
                Duplicated here. For now I just use the attachment URL with image tags.
                That is the only solution but I am getting sick of not being able to use my own attachments.

I created a bug report, I don't understand how they could release this with the attachment system working so poorly. Never was an issue in VB 3.

Comment

• MagicDeckVortex
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 3.8.x

If anyone knows of any updates to this, please let me know. or, sticky, can you link to your bug report?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...