HTML not enabled when promoting some forum threads to an article on the CMS page.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MagicDeckVortex
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] HTML not enabled when promoting some forum threads to an article on the CMS page.

Whenever I publish an article on my site, if it is a written article by one of the members of the site, I promote it from a thread in the forum to the CMS section of the site. However, sometimes (with no rhyme or reason that I can see) the HTML options aren't enabled and it doesn't give me an option to enable HTML in the promoted article.

I need to find out how to make sure it is always enabled for new promoted articles.

Specifically, I want to add a java tag at the bottom of the new articles for TweetMeme. Without HTML, the java script doesn't work.

I have checked the forum permissions in the forums where I promote this articles from and they are all set to allow HTML.

Can anyone help me out -- or shed some light on this for me?

I've attached images to show you what I mean. Sometimes the HTML options just don't appear at all.
    Attached Files
    Owner and webmaster of www.magicdeckvortex.com
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Has the Usergroup that user's in got permission to use HTML in articles?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• MagicDeckVortex
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.8.x

Yes, but not in all usergroups they are in and I don't want to give "Registered Users" (the group) access to HTML. As an admin, I should be able to change that regardless of whether the user has HTML access. Can this be fixed in the next version of vB?

Comment

• MagicDeckVortex
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.8.x

:bump:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...