• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lostguy
    • Mar 2008

[Forum] user cant change password

Hi ,

I using Version vbulletin 4.0.3 P 1

It seem like my users forum cant change password ! we dont have problem access login or out but just cant change password . Any idea why ?

Lg
    Last edited by lostguy; Sat 5 Jun '10, 8:49am.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you tried registering a test user yourself and then trying to reset the password? In order to figure out what is going on, we need to know exactly what is happening.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• lostguy
      • Mar 2008

Lynne ,

Yes i tried that but not work also for me .

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

*What* exactly doesn't work? You haven't told me what is happening. Are you not getting the page where you input the email? Are you not getting the email? Is the link in the email wrong? What *exactly* are you doing that isn't working???? You aren't telling me what is not working.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• lostguy
          • Mar 2008

When i put new password ...email still same...submit it the system say Not match ! ...Let me show u

"
          The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here! "

that the msg i saw after i enter new password and submit ! and it bring me to this page with msg . Im very sure that change password section .

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

So, everything works in the system - you can have a new password sent and you get the email with the new password. It is only when you go to use it that it doesn't work. Check your user database and make sure the salt field is char(30).

Comment

• lostguy
              • Mar 2008

well just user cant change password ! The option change password dont seem work . Keep giving this msg after i click submit :

The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here! "

Check your user database and make sure the salt field is char(30). < where this located ?

Comment

• lostguy
                • Mar 2008

Okay i just found out i dont have option under " edit email & password "

I dont have this option inside that page :

' Enter your present password to continue: "

what should i do ? re uplaod all the files ? Should i do upgrade > cause i already using latest Vb ! pls tell me what to do .

Lg

Comment

• feldon23
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.7.x

Did you customize the Register template?

Comment

• lostguy
                    • Mar 2008

Nope i didnt ! just dont have that option this is why not able change password all my user .

Comment

• lostguy
                      • Mar 2008

I think i just sloved the problem myself..i uploaded again the profile.php file and seem everything work again .

Comment

• Bilal
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 4.0.x

I am having this same issue..my users can't change the password! I also made a test account and I was not able to change the password! Whenever I click submit I get:

he password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!
                        All my members are complaining about this issue

Edit: lol, I reuploaded my profile.php file and now it's working fine :S
                        Best Regards,
                        Bilal

Comment

• Phils001
                          • Mar 2010

I'm having the same issue here. Can someone please explain A) how to reupload a profile.php file, B) why/how it would have been changed to cause this issue?

Thanks!!

Comment

• motoxer311
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 3.7.x

Same problem here.. One after another with VB4 thanks for nothing!

Comment

• Lynne
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Oct 2004

Please start your own thread for your own issue. It's much easier for us to help you if there is one user with a problem in a thread.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...