Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe1989
    • Apr 2008

[Forum] status icons

I can't figure out how to specify different status icons for different forums. I understand the whole Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Prefix Image but that's extremely ambiguous. I don't know the format of what I have to put in that field. If the folder with my modified status icons is titled "art," do I type in:
    • /art/
    • art/
    • ./art/
    • /statusicon/art

Or what? There's many different possibilities. Maybe I didn't even put "art" in the right directory (I have tried it in /images/ and /statusicon/)

Can someone explain the format/syntax and location of the folder for me?

Yes, the folder /art/ contains all the necessary: forum_old forum_old_lock etc.
  • joe1989
    • Apr 2008

Well I got it to work by making the status icon names "forum_new-48" etc. all with a -48 before the .png

Why does that need to be there? Why is there no explanation of using the -48 in the admin help or anything like that??? What's going on here?

Comment

• joe1989
      • Apr 2008

*bump*

Comment

• anthonyparsons
        • Mar 2005

The forum prefix is what you enter to locate the default image set name, though a prefix to those default names which contain your custom images. Example: forum_new-48.png is the default new thread icon. Now, lets say you want a custom icon to show old and new posts in forums. Both default names in folder /statisicon are, forum_new-48.png & forum_old-48.png. Lets say you want to only change one forum. For that forum you enter a prefix in the allocated position, say 1_ and then you create two new images for old and new, being 1_forum_new-48.png & 1_forum_old-48.png and place both in the default folder /statisicon. Now by default, the system will pull those two images you have saved with the prefix 1_ for that forum when showing no or new post icons for the forum.

If you wanted to change all forums, you would just overwrite the default names for the originals, but if you wanted to have a different one for each forum, then you use a different prefix for each forum and create the associated defaults as above, with the prefix listed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...