Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ianmac
    • Sep 2005

[CMS] Cms?

I rarely visit your site and my forum is very low volume. I have just upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4 (still no blog) and see the new look of 4 and it is also on my site now and I like it. But what the hell is CMS? It must be an acronym for something. I have hunted and found lots of references and see I need to do lots of things to get it but do I need it? I suspect the [HOME] tab is one result and I would like that. Maybe there is an overview on what it is all about somewhere but the search function does not help. Try "what is CMS" and you get nothing. I like your product but I do not like having to hunt for hours to get something I am not sure I want.
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Content Management System
    An example is http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• ianmac
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by steven s
      Content Management System
      An example is http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php
      Thanks, but I had found that. Still no overview about it. At least I know what it stands for now.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2009
        • 5.5.x

If you click on "Home" above you'll see some articles. That's a small part of what it can do, but that's CMS. I think of Forums as a discussion among your users, blogs as one of your users talking for other users to read, and CMS as you talking to your users.
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...