X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SessionOne
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

My site got hacked

it looks as if someone hacked my vb and since 4.0 doesnt offer the backup opton from acp, all my backups are from before i upgraded. Looks as if someone dropped the post count table or something.

Sessionone.net to see what im talking about. I'm completley lost as what to do, are there anyways to restore my forum via acp or what? how should i go on about this
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by SessionOne
    it looks as if someone hacked my vb and since 4.0 doesnt offer the backup opton from acp, all my backups are from before i upgraded. Looks as if someone dropped the post count table or something.

Sessionone.net to see what im talking about. I'm completley lost as what to do, are there anyways to restore my forum via acp or what? how should i go on about this
    Ask your host to check their logs and see what exactly went down and how.

The backups can be done and should be done, from phpmyadmin rather than from the acp. Anyway, restore your most recent backup and then run the upgrader to bring the db backup up to date. Since it is made from before you upgraded your forum.

Also, it would be best if you cleaned up all your forum files by replacing them all with a fresh set from the vb package, your forum version. Then, change all the passwords and scan your pc with an antivirus/antispyware program. And check your server space as well.

Comment

• SessionOne
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

my other admin is trying to restore the directories to the way they were yesterday...maybe that will work if not, im outta luck, because i didnt make any backups on phpmyadmin, and my laptop was reformatted meaning no old backups

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

my other admin is trying to restore the directories to the way they were yesterday...maybe that will work if not, im outta luck, because i didnt make any backups on phpmyadmin, and my laptop was reformatted meaning no old backups
        Don''t you have any db backup at all? Because all the important infos like members, posts, topics etc are stored at the database and without a db backup, I am afraid everything will be lost.

But try to ask your host. Most hosts do regular backups, at least the ones worth their salt. Anyway, good luck with your forum recovery. Let us know know how it will go.

Comment

• SessionOne
          • Oct 2009
          • 3.8.x

thank god my host is godaddy. The other admin emailed them. I told him to call them instead for a quicker reply. Lets see what happens

Comment

• Mike Anime
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

thank god my host is godaddy. The other admin emailed them. I told him to call them instead for a quicker reply. Lets see what happens
            there is a thread about godaddy getting hacked i will try and find it

<EDIT> here is the thread

</EDIT>

Comment

• kmohamed
              • Nov 2007

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT...
              options
              check if your host has any back-ups files for you. he should back-up your files at least weekly
              check how they are able to hack your forum. maybe through a mods, bugs, or server
              suggestion
              if your host doesn't have any back-up files for you. than you should change your hosting.
              there is a mod in vborg that does backup for you. i highly recommend. Especially if you are not able to do your back-up from phpadmin

wish you the best luck
              your friend KM
              love is like a war; easy to begin, hard to end, and impossible to forget

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...