3.8.4 > 4.03 Do blogs and photo albums upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirkus
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] 3.8.4 > 4.03 Do blogs and photo albums upgrade?

I'm researching the trouble I can get myself into by upgrading from 3.8.4 to 4.0 (Suite).

Will the upgrade preserve my members blogs (vbulletin blog 2.0.0) and the photo galleries that they've created through their Control Panels? What about Contacts and Friends?
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Kirkus
    I'm researching the trouble I can get myself into by upgrading from 3.8.4 to 4.0 (Suite).

Will the upgrade preserve my members blogs (vbulletin blog 2.0.0) and the photo galleries that they've created through their Control Panels? What about Contacts and Friends?

I am not using the blog myself but I think that yes, they will be preserved. By default the upgrader shouldn''t remove anything, it simply upgrades the db. But to make double sure, make a duplication of your main forum to a test folder/subdomain and upgrade that first. Like that you will have an idea as to what to expect for later on, when you will upgrade your main forum.

Comment

• Kirkus
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thank you, borbole.

The test site is already set up and ready to go. I'm just making a list of things to be aware of before upgrading the test site.

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

Thank you, borbole.

The test site is already set up and ready to go. I'm just making a list of things to be aware of before upgrading the test site.
        It is a good thing to be cautious and prepared. Let us know how the test upgrade will go.

Comment

• cellarius
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

The answer to all of this: yes, all those things will be preserved (of course).

Comment

• Kirkus
            • Mar 2007
            • 3.6.x

Thanks to you both. I appreciate it.

Comment