How to disable notifactions on single forums ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tlwwolfseye
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] How to disable notifactions on single forums ?

Hi,

is it possible to decide for which forums users get notifications on news posts ? For example, i do have a couple of forums where RSS feeds are collected. So if someone isn't online for a week, he'll probably have 100 unread messages, just because of the Newsfeeds.

People should get notifications about all other posts, just not in these specific forums. Is that possible somehow ?

Thanks in advance.

Wolf
  • Videx
    • Jan 2007

Yes, you can include forums using their forum numbers. I'm not sure how to do it if you can't see their numbers though.
    http://www.myforum.org/forum/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=30,24,15,16,35

Comment

• tlwwolfseye
      • Dec 2008
      • 3.7.x

No, I think you got it the other way around. I am including RSS Feeds of other Sites into certain parts of my Forum. Users are set to get notifications about new Threads on the Forum via Email. But thats not supposed to include the Forums which incl. the RSS Feeds (not from my board!) so they don't have too many notifications via Email. So what I need is a way to exclude certain forums from email notification.

Please can someone tell me how to do that ?

Comment

• sven4o
        • Feb 2010
        • 3.8.x

You can try to use the following vBulletin product:

It allows to exclude certain forums from the e-mail notification system.

Once installed, you can configure the new functionality through the vBulletin admin panel->Settings->Options->New Thread Notification.
        SiteGround Technical Support Team Member.
        Check out our special vBulletin hosting package.

Comment

• tlwwolfseye
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by sven4o
          You can try to use the following vBulletin product:

It allows to exclude certain forums from the e-mail notification system.

Once installed, you can configure the new functionality through the vBulletin admin panel->Settings->Options->New Thread Notification.
          But this Product is from a very old vB Version and as far as I can read, not working/compatible with 4.x.

Comment

• Videx
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by tlwwolfseye
            Users are set to get notifications about new Threads on the Forum via Email.
            How do you do that? Many of us have been clamoring for forum subscriptions in vb4.

Comment