Emergency I can't access admin control panel.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panni100
    • Mar 2010

[CMS] Emergency I can't access admin control panel.

Hello I have a dilema on my hands I've been creating widgets using the advice from vbulletin.org the forum post being this one http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=236245

I created 4 altogether and now I get this error message everytime I try to log into my admin cp

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ')' in /home/panni/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 10
    vBulletin Message

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/panni/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code
    Line: 10

so Im basically locked out of my admin panel.

I have limited knowledge on coding and have no idea where I went wrong, is there anyway to revert this?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

After that uninstall the last plugin you installed.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Panni100
      • Mar 2010

Thanks it worked! do I really need to use the plugins as directed on vbulletin.org? Because the widgets seem to appear and function the way I want them without having to make plugins for them. What is the purpose of the plugin? Thanks again for your help

Comment

• nakedanvil
        • Mar 2010

How about so you can disable them easily if you run into trouble, like if you ever get locked out of your adminCP? Might be useful sometime, never know, it can happen.
        Last edited by nakedanvil; Thu 20 May '10, 11:40am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...