Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hotslot
    • Mar 2010

[Forum] Security breach!

ATTENTION DEVELOPERS, IT APPEARS IM A VICTIM OF A SECURITY BREACH. IM RUNNING 4.0.3

STAFF ONLY CLICK <removed>
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Wed 12 May '10, 9:03am.
  • d3nnis
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.7.x

this looks more like a SEO plugin u using.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

I don't know what we are supposed to be looking at, but you are running a non-vbulletin file on that page. Remove it and maybe whatever the problem is (you never said) will go away.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• hotslot
        • Mar 2010

Thanks Dennis, I will look into that.

Lynne/Steve

probably cause I don't know.

I don't do this for a living. You know what I mean? Like taking money, posting rude none helpful comments etc..... Hey at least we have something in common neither of us know! Where do I apply?

Comment

• djbaxter
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by hotslot
          Thanks Dennis, I will look into that.

Lynne/Steve

probably cause I don't know.

I don't do this for a living. You know what I mean? Like taking money, posting rude none helpful comments etc..... Hey at least we have something in common neither of us know! Where do I apply?
          What are you talking about? Where are you seeing "rude none helpful (sic) comments"? You got hacked (I assume). It's been suggested that it was either via some SEO plugin or via a custom (non-vBulletin) page, and you haven't provided anything that would give reason to doubt those conclusions. How is that the fault of vBulletin?
          Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
          Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

A lot of sites were hacked yesterday that were hosted on GoDaddy. If you are hosted on GoDaddy, then I suggest you contact them.

Sites get hacked. It isn't always because of code in vbulletin. It is very often because of an unsecure server especially if you are on shared hosting.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Lee G
              • Jun 2006
              • 3.8.x

I clicked on the original link and it looked like a redirect had been added to his site
              The same one that keeps getting added to the global_start entries. Base64 pain in the neck hacking attempts.
              Whether or not hotlsot has since made any alterations, imported any more products since, which seems to the cure the problem, is another thing.
              But it was one of those "dont hit this button" type links that intrigues some of us. The page it diverted you to, flagged up all my anti virus alerts on the PC.
              Thats as far as I will go in this one.

Comment

• Pope Viper
                • Mar 2006

Comment

• djbaxter
                  • Aug 2006

A similar thing happened with WordPress on two hosting services recently - again, not a WordPress issue but a server configuration issue.
                  Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                  Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...