CMS not working right

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southernlady
    replied
    Okay, Harv fixed it. Don't know what he did but apparently it wasn't a corrupted database. I'm hoping he will post the solution for others.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Originally posted by southernlady
    Harv, that's what is so odd. with all the hacks disabled, and the default theme, I still get it. And yet it works with the test site. I am tempted to move my test site over and delete my live site and start over. Liz
    I just registered and as a member I'm still getting the permissions error, if that helps (I know it doesn't). I'd clear CMS cache and rebuild/repair/optimize tables just for giggles, but I don't see that helping.

Sorry I didn't have any better suggestions, I'm drawn to the CMS/Grid/Widget threads because I've wrestled with them so much myself.

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    Harv, that's what is so odd. with all the hacks disabled, and the default theme, I still get it. And yet it works with the test site. I am tempted to move my test site over and delete my live site and start over. Liz

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Well I'm drawing a blank. You might try disabling your hacks/mods and reverting any modified templates to see if it makes a difference, but I'm sure you've done that as well, and you have a test site with them working so *shrug*

Do you get the same results with the default VB theme?

Edit: FWIW, I'm getting a permissions error as guest when trying to view your CMS.

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    Okay, I took a screenshot of the testvb and edited out the url and all other identifying marks. See it below. SAME SETUP!!!

Harv, if you look at the permissions screenshot, you will see I do. Yeah, someone had to ask.

Thanks for the compliment on the theme. I had a hard time making that one work. I wanted a 3.8 look in a 4.0 series. I think I came close.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Hi Southernlady,

While this won't restore your original grids, I have had really good results using the grids here:

Forgive me for asking the dumb question - someone has to I guess Do you have the CMS content area published? I'm sure you do so take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: Oops you have checked to see if published - sorry, I missed that in your OP.

Just had a look at your site - really nice theme!

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    If it was data corruption then it would not be working right on the test vb I made, same files, same mods, etc because I copied the database to it too. But because it's a test site, I'm not allowed to have that one public. Yet, I can see the home page article on it.

Not sure what the difference is. Liz

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    replied
    I don't pay for support, it's here or nowhere. I'm usually pretty good about figuring things out and until now things worked right. If I need to move back to Wordpress, I will. I still have it installed and can disable the cms. Liz

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    Sounds like some serious data corruption. Please create a support ticket and PM me the number.

Leave a comment:

• southernlady
    started a topic [CMS] CMS not working right

CMS not working right

I have reinstalled, I even backed up my old files to a secondary database, reinstalled a clean set of files, CLEANED out the CMS files from the old database and then reimported the old database back in. I can't make it work.

I've lost the default layout: 3 Column Fixed-Liquid-Fixed and can't figure out how to recreate it. I've read the tutorials and I have tried them and altho I can get A layout, it still does me no good because of my other issues.

*I* can't SEE it and yes, I have checked, rechecked and checked again on the permissions and to make sure it's published. See the below screenshots.

Here is what I see logged in as ADMIN!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Secret City Treasures Forums - Home_LoggedINASADMIN.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	3717709

These are the shots of an article that IS published and I should have seen on that home page. Along with the permissions.

Name:	ContentManager.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	3717708 Click image for larger version

Name:	PermissionsManager.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	3717706 Click image for larger version

Name:	SectionManager.jpg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	3717705

This last one is the ONLY grid I have. As you can see, it is not the default.

Name:	LayoutManager.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	3717707

I need help.

Liz