Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aaasport
    • Feb 2010

[Forum] sub-section creation

I have read the posts about sections and categories, and understand the vbulletin CMS system better now. What I don't understand, and have not found in the manual was how to create a sub-section. I know the section admin page displays the sections and shows sub-sections under it, but no way to add a sub-section. Am I missing something?

by the way, we have the vBulletin 4.0.2 Patch Level 4 installed.Thanks,
    Fran Rhea
    for Hunters Domain
    www.huntersdomain.com/forum
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Go to vBulletin CMS > Section Manager > click on Add New Section (top right), int he little popup box, click on the section to want to add to and a little checkmark will come up next to it and then enter a Section Title > Save.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• aaasport
      • Feb 2010

Perfect!

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering why the JS menu did not work. It required the sub-sections created! After reading the differences between Sections and Categories, and you providing the info on how to add sub-sections, I can have the CMS solution we need. I had been thinking of Joomla, and this CMS is completely different. Thanks again for the response. A section in the user manual on the CMS would really help!

Fran Rhea
      for Hunters Domain www.huntersdomain.com where hunters can find outfitter guides for any type of hunt in any location.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...