Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kfrosty
    • Feb 2010

[Forum] Foreign Transaction fee??????

WTH. Going back through my credit card records, I noticed a $8.55 "Foreign transaction fee".

Vbulletin is listed for sale in US $ via PayPal. Why in the world would you charge us in another currency to where we get charged a fee.

My understanding there was an office in CA for jelsoft who we dealt with in the US. If you have to funnel the money back to Europe, you can handle the conversion or leave the money to support here in the US.

What a crock.
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

Why don't you contact their sales office or customer support instead of posting a complaint here? That would be the most logical idea...
    To be updated...

Comment

• kfrosty
      • Feb 2010

I'm not trying come across as hateful but why would I want to wait on hold, and waste cell phone minutes at work etc? Most likely get bounced around 3 times or have somebody look into it and go back and forth. Beauty of a support forum is being able to post and have it looked at and the appropriate persons respond when they have an answer? I'm not saying that's how jelSofts customer support is but it's the norm with most companies now days and I don't care to waste time figuring out if they are one of them or not.

I thought this was a place for posting problems and getting issues resolved.

Plus the main reason is for others to know and make sure the same thing didn't happen to them.

How does that happen if I "logically" place a call in behind the scenes??

I went through the purchase process and it shows you as being charged in US $. That's the default. Pulling a switch during the process which causes an extra unauthorized fee is unacceptable.

If it's an honest mistake, they can correct and remove the thread. No harm no foul. If it not then others know. If it gets removed without a response, then I'll take it to a more public place until it gets addressed.

This is a private forum for customers only. I didn't go twitter, facebook, post in IP's forum or anything like that. I started an inquiry and expect the matter to be looked into and somebody contact me or just correct the problem.

FYI. To be compliant, I have 2 separate license purchases in the past 2 months. If I would have caught it on the first one, there wouldn't have been a second purchase.

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by kfrosty
        I thought this was a place for posting problems and getting issues resolved.
        Well, it is, but I would think more for software related issues not direct customer support issues such as what you discuss.

Logically stating, you possibly won't get a direct answer here thus why I said that contacting them directly would be the better solution to get the answer you need. I'm sure there is an explanation that can be given and if there was a mistake I think it could be rectified.

I *think* this has been brought up before, but I cannot remember the details of the previous poster's issue.
        To be updated...

Comment

• Biker
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by kfrosty
          I'm not trying come across as hateful but why would I want to wait on hold, and waste cell phone minutes at work etc? Most likely get bounced around 3 times or have somebody look into it and go back and forth. Beauty of a support forum is being able to post and have it looked at and the appropriate persons respond when they have an answer? I'm not saying that's how jelSofts customer support is but it's the norm with most companies now days and I don't care to waste time figuring out if they are one of them or not.
          Possibly because Customer Service issues aren't handled in the forums, and the policy is to have license holders call them directly for account issues?

The forums are mainly for technical assistance, not account issues.
          I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...