X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woffie
    • Jan 2009
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Mark all forums read issue

My members are getting this error message when clicking mark all forums read.

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."
  • Mosh
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.1.x

Hi woffie,

In vBulletin 4.0.3 a security token was added to thread marking, so if you updated your forum to v4.0.3 recently and have customised templates that include the thread marking url (that have not been automatically updated with the altered url), then you will need to revert the templates and then re-apply your changes to get thread marking to work again.

So before v4.0.3, it was:
    PHP Code:
    forumdisplay.php?do=markread 
    and now it looks as:

PHP Code:
    forumdisplay.php?do=markread&markreadhash=<long-security-token

Regards,

Mosh.
    -- Wolfshead Solutions - Closed down permanently as of 1/7/2013.
    -- As of 1/7/2013, due to medical reasons I no longer support my vbulletin.org hacks as I have left the vBulletin community.
    -- My Free vBulletin.org Hacks

Comment

• woffie
      • Jan 2009
      • 4.0.x

I have lots of custom skins. What needs to be reverted on them?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You need to add the security token to all the markread links. If you go to the template, click View History > Compare, you will see the differences between your template and the default one and can copy/paste the correct code into your template.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• woffie
          • Jan 2009
          • 4.0.x

There is no option to view history for the skins in the ACP.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

If a template has been edited then there is that option when editing the template.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• woffie
              • Jan 2009
              • 4.0.x

Got it. You have to go into the template. When I think of template, I think of the whole skin. I figured it out yesterday and learned something new. Thanks.

Comment

• Frondy
                • Mar 2009
                • 3.8.x

Same problem, and solved, thank you!

Comment

• twitch
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 4.2.x

I am having same problem and did a fresh install of 4.0.3 and the default template is doing it. I see nothing about reverting templates as I login to admincp area.

Comment

• jnrdavo
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Mosh
                    Hi woffie,

In vBulletin 4.0.3 a security token was added to thread marking, so if you updated your forum to v4.0.3 recently and have customised templates that include the thread marking url (that have not been automatically updated with the altered url), then you will need to revert the templates and then re-apply your changes to get thread marking to work again.

So before v4.0.3, it was:
                    PHP Code:
                    forumdisplay.php?do=markread 
                    and now it looks as:

PHP Code:
                    forumdisplay.php?do=markread&markreadhash=<long-security-token

Regards,

Mosh.
                    I don't have the exact text as you have describe above, but do have modified templates... I searched fro markread and have found 4 modified templates, but the content in most looks like this...

<a href="forumdisplay.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=markread" rel="nofollow">{vb:rawphrase mark_forums_read}</a>

Do I just put the &marreadhashxxxx stuff after the 'do=' sections when ever I find it?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...