X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdelaflor
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] New users cannot add avatar...

Hello,

Any new registered users cannot add an avatar to their profiles. How do I turn this on so that new registered users can add avatars to their profiles?

Mike
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by mdelaflor
    Hello,

Any new registered users cannot add an avatar to their profiles. How do I turn this on so that new registered users can add avatars to their profiles?

Mike
    What errors do they get?

Make sure that the option: Can Upload Custom Avatars is set to yes to their group permissions, under: Picture Uploading Permissions

Comment

• mdelaflor
      • Apr 2010

Thank you Borbole for replying to my posts.

I turned on the Can Upload Custom Avatar option in the Picture Uploading Persmissions section of the Registered Usersgroup. That solved that problem.

I have another issue that you maybe able to help. New registered users cannot see the CMS section of my site. They can only see the Forums and Blogs. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to turn on so that everyone can see the CMS? In CPAdmin> vBulletin CMS> Permissions the Registered Users are checked as "Can Read" for the main section. All subsections are blank...

Mike

Comment

• djbaxter
        • Aug 2006

You probably want to give permission to read to all usergroups except Banned. I have it set so that only Admins can post content but everyone can read.

Do that for each section you're using and each subsection, a;; from the CMS Permissions settings in the Admin CP.
        Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
        Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• borbole
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by mdelaflor
          Thank you Borbole for replying to my posts.

I turned on the Can Upload Custom Avatar option in the Picture Uploading Persmissions section of the Registered Usersgroup. That solved that problem.

I have another issue that you maybe able to help. New registered users cannot see the CMS section of my site. They can only see the Forums and Blogs. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to turn on so that everyone can see the CMS? In CPAdmin> vBulletin CMS> Permissions the Registered Users are checked as "Can Read" for the main section. All subsections are blank...

Mike
          You are welcome Mike. About this CMS issue I won''t be able to help because I don''t use it and therefore I am not familiar with that product. But I guess it must be a permission issue. Try djbaxter ''s advice above and see if that would help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...