X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregespo
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] vBulletin does not work with Internet Explorer

There is a major bug with VB - it does not work with IE. I have reinstalled from the ground up and to no avail.

THIS IS A BUG and I getting extremely frustrated with VB. This is the third install that I have done to fix problems. I have checked various computers and laptops. VB seems to change itself without warning.

VB folks, either give us a product that works, WITHOUT bugs or refund the money to all of us who paid for what we thought was a good and SUPPORTED product. The answer is NOT to have access to my server.

FIX IT or refund my money! If not, I will call my bank and get my money back for a faulty product.
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by gregespo
    There is a major bug with VB - it does not work with IE. I have reinstalled from the ground up and to no avail.

THIS IS A BUG and I getting extremely frustrated with VB. This is the third install that I have done to fix problems. I have checked various computers and laptops. VB seems to change itself without warning.

VB folks, either give us a product that works, WITHOUT bugs or refund the money to all of us who paid for what we thought was a good and SUPPORTED product. The answer is NOT to have access to my server.

FIX IT or refund my money! If not, I will call my bank and get my money back for a faulty product.
    Wow, easy does it

Instead of saying that it doesn''t work with IE, can you be a bit more exact as to what it is that is not working? What is the url to your forum?

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

IE problems are well documented around the forums... its not a new issues by any means. I believe its second only to the RTL problems that still plague our international friends.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• gregespo
        • Apr 2010

You can not logon in from IE. I am currently testing my site (which is for private group). I have tried all user logins that I have created, in each instance, it says "Thank you for logging in, UserName" and then brings you to "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:" Again, I don't want non-registered members on my site.

Works on Firefox and Chrome. Have tried from Safari on a Mac, does not work there either, but the population of folks that will access it are not Mac users.

I have reinstalled completely from the ground up. It's not a matter of cookies, since I have tested from several different PCs.

Comment

• gregespo
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
          IE problems are well documented around the forums... its not a new issues by any means. I believe its second only to the RTL problems that still plague our international friends.
          Then why in the heck doesn't VB acknowledge this AND not mention this when you buy it? I don't like using IE personally, however, the population that uses it is huge.

Comment

• birdie
            • Aug 2004

I viewing this forum in IE and a lot of other vB4's in IE...works fine.

Comment

• Andreas
              • Feb 2004

It's not a matter of cookies, since I have tested from several different PCs.
              With all due respect, but this really sounds like a cookie issue

Did you check your settings for cookiepath and domain?
              Did you try with the default style?

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Do you allow users to view your site from both www.yoursite.com and from yoursite.com? If so, you NEED to have your cookie domain set to ".yoursite.com" (no quotes, note the period at the beginning).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

As noted in your support ticket, there are no problems logging into vB with IE, assuming the cookie settings are correct and no other modifications. We offered to help investigate this for you, but you declined our offer.

Do you have the same problem with this forum?
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gregespo
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    As noted in your support ticket, there are no problems logging into vB with IE, assuming the cookie settings are correct and no other modifications. We offered to help investigate this for you, but you declined our offer.

Do you have the same problem with this forum?
                    Your arrogance astounds me. In surfing the forums, this problem has been brought up by others many times. Fix it

Comment

• Ace
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.2.X

Your arrogance astounds me.
                      Hello, pot? I'd like you to meet kettle.

These people aren't trying to annoy you, they are trying to assist. Let them?

FWIW - After recently needing to go to a fresh install of windows, I've been using IE more. I have no issues logging into any vB sites with IE. Most of the 'cant log in' issues around these parts are from the change in salt... not IE.
                      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• borbole
                        • Feb 2010

Your arrogance astounds me. In surfing the forums, this problem has been brought up by others many times. Fix it
                        It is you who is being very arrogant and is not willing to listen to reason. Also, you shouldn''t talk to Steve like that. He is one of the most helpful and nicest persons here. If they offered to help you out, then you should take that offer instead and not posting such arrogant posts here and being disrespectful to the staff.

As everyone is saying, it seems like a cookie issue. Did you try the suggestion posted by Lynne above? And can you link to those other threads that have the same issue and have been broughten up a lot of times according to you.

P.s. One word of advice, if I may. If you will want to have good support in these forums, you should really change your tone and attitude. It will put off a lot of persons from helping you further

Comment

• a legacy reborn
                          • Feb 2010

Also do you not notice about three of them posted one after another? Now they are offering help and you are refusing. It is impossible to help someone who won't help themselves

Comment

• gregespo
                            • Apr 2010

If you try it from several different computers on several different LAN connections - it is not a cookie issue. I am glad the admins of this board have a fan club. BUT THIS IS THIRD TIME THEY HAVE TOLD ME TO REINSTALL. It gets old folks. I have not had a sip of the same cool aide. I expect when I pay for a product that it is for the most part bug free. Surf around and see the complaints.

Comment

• a legacy reborn
                              • Feb 2010

Cookie issue on your website try the tools.php to solve that is all I can say. And The complaints I have seen are because of out of date IE browsers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...