X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craiovaforum
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.7.x

[CMS] Unify comments

Is there any way to unify the comments from a thread and the coresponding article?

To be more clear: I write a thread on my forum and I promote it to article. I want all the people that will reply to that thread to appear as comments to that article and vice-versa, all the comments in the article to be posted as replies to that thread.

I think this is the way the vBulletin CMS should work, not as separate things. There's no logic in having a system that integrates a cms with a forum board and separates the content from those two.

What's the point in copying the thread to another forum section when there's already an thread with the same content saved in the database?
  • craiovaforum
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.7.x

No replies or official statement yet?

Comment

• Edwin Brown
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2009
      • 5.5.x

This has been discussed probably a dozen times so far. That is not possible currently. There may be a mod on vbulletin.org that lets you do this. There's been discussion about adding this in v4.1, but I can't say whether it will definitely be in. I don't believe it's been decided.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• craiovaforum
        • Nov 2005
        • 3.7.x

Thank you very much for your answer.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...