Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motowebmaster
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

While I believe that IB should have included a warning about potential effects for changing URLs, it is the responsibility of the site owner to consider the risks and determine the best course of action.

I implemented vbseo on one 3.x site and while it has benefited significantly in exposure and content relevancy, it never really re-gained it's previous rank.

However, a couple years before I implemented an seo solution on another vb 3.x site that resulted in a change on hundreds of thousands of URLs - and traffic increased exponentially.

Although it is possible to maintain your URL structure, I think the drop in traffic on so many vb4 sites represents user's impression. If a forum isn't fun to use, there's always somewhere else to go.
    Shawn

Comment

• satlazone
      • Mar 2008

The same happened to me: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ce-VB4-upgrade
      I didn't install CMS, I didn't change my url structure. (I am using vbseo)
      I just upgraded to vb4, nothing more.
      פורומים
      IDANTECH Forums
      Facebook Status

Comment

• hababam
        • Apr 2010

it is now down to 40 %
        www.hababam.nl

Comment

• Ramsesx
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by hababam
          it is now down to 40 %
          Maybe to much advertisings or they don't like the new style?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...