Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chazel
    • Nov 2007

[Forum] Changing Header where '{1} - Powered by vBulletin' Used to be

I've tried editing the x_powered_by_vbulletin phrase to omit the 'powered by vBulletin' and include a more apt descriptor after the name of my forum.

After changing the phrase to {1} - forum description, the changes aren't being reflected. Is there anyway to edit the templates so that I can manually add a descriptor to the header title?
    Last edited by Chazel; Wed 14 Apr '10, 1:39pm.
  • Chazel
    • Nov 2007

Bump

Comment

• Chazel
      • Nov 2007

Up again...

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Can you show us an example of what you want, and how its not working now?

Comment

• Chazel
          • Nov 2007

By default, the title of your vBulletin page is displayed as follows:

[Name of forum] - Powered by vBulletin

Or at least that's the way it used to be. It's set by the x_powered_by_vbulletin phrase, so one would think that if I changed that phrase to {1} - [description of my forum] then that would appear in the title, but it has not changed, and is still only showing the title of my forum. I want to add a description to it for SEO purposes.

Comment

• DeezNutzTX
            • Nov 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Chazel
            By default, the title of your vBulletin page is displayed as follows:

[Name of forum] - Powered by vBulletin

Or at least that's the way it used to be. It's set by the x_powered_by_vbulletin phrase, so one would think that if I changed that phrase to {1} - [description of my forum] then that would appear in the title, but it has not changed, and is still only showing the title of my forum. I want to add a description to it for SEO purposes.
            Make sure you are not using the braces: {1} - Powered by Deez Honda

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbphrase.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	3678524

Comment

• Chazel
              • Nov 2007

My translation looks exactly like yours (my own description replazing Deez Honda) but it still isn't changing. I think the problem is that my x_powered_by_vbulletin phrase is only located in my header template, but it should be in the headinclude template. The problem is that I'm not sure where exactly to put it...

Comment

• Chazel
                • Nov 2007

Solved... I found the title tag inside of the FORUMHOME template and it only had the bbtitle option. I could have sworn that the x_powered_by_vbulletin phrase controlled the header title.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...