Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrianC
    • Mar 2006

[CMS] Facebook Connect Vs.. YAFB Hack

I use the hack from Vbulletin.org by mrpaint http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232457

What is the difference with the 4.0.3 version Facebook Connect? Thinking of holding off on the 4.0.3 upgrade.

• Alex Older
    • Sep 2003

The 4.0.3 version will be properly built in to the software.

You also don't have to have it enabled.
    Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Comment

• Ace
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Alex Older
      The 4.0.3 version will be properly built in to the software.
      4.0.3 just has the ability to connect a FB account to a vB forum account, allowing auto-logins.

None of the other features of YAFB (posting to Facebook when new posts are made etc) have made it in yet, they are slated for 4.0.4.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• BrianC
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ace
        4.0.3 just has the ability to connect a FB account to a vB forum account, allowing auto-logins.

None of the other features of YAFB (posting to Facebook when new posts are made etc) have made it in yet, they are slated for 4.0.4.
        So the model for features of the Vbulletin Facebook connect is to provide the fuctionality of YAFB in 4.0.4 and beyond? Would the proper sequence to employ the Vbulletin Facebook connect be to install 4.0.3 and leave the feature disabled while still using YAFB and when all features are available in 4.0.4 to uninstall YAFB and enable and configure feature in Vbulletin?

THanks!

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by BrianC
          So the model for features of the Vbulletin Facebook connect is to provide the fuctionality of YAFB in 4.0.4 and beyond? Would the proper sequence to employ the Vbulletin Facebook connect be to install 4.0.3 and leave the feature disabled while still using YAFB and when all features are available in 4.0.4 to uninstall YAFB and enable and configure feature in Vbulletin?

THanks!
          Completely going on a 'from what I recall reading in one of Adrian's threads' basis - I won't be turning my back on YAFB any time soon.

There has been talk of an 'Activity Stream' and extension of the Facebook Connect that is built into vBulletin, starting with 4.0.4 for the Facebook stuff, but that's going to be a wee while, and I'd prefer to keep the features of YAFB until then.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Eqvaliser
            • Apr 2008
            • 1.1.x

only thing i EWER WANTED was to be able to link or connect via FB..
            so im actually extremely happy about this "light" edition we got now.

Dont need all those additional options, linking/shareing etc hell thats admin setup 101
            and adding them via mods, is just double up.
            Vbulletin fan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...