So anyone who has installed the 4.03 CMS.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wacnstac
    • Jul 2000
    • 3.6.x

[CMS] So anyone who has installed the 4.03 CMS.....

Is the problem finally solved? Can you install the CMS at root and forums at /forum out of the box?
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by wacnstac
    Is the problem finally solved? Can you install the CMS at root and forums at /forum out of the box?
    I think it's working.

My core files are in a subdomain.

In my root I have a file (This is different than if you have a separate directory)
    index.php
    PHP Code:
    <?#shebang#?>
    <?php
    define
    (VB_RELATIVE_PATH'/home/username/public_html');
    /* chdir('./' . VB_RELATIVE_PATH); */
    chdir(VB_RELATIVE_PATH);
    require(
    'content.php');
    Need to do some more testing.

Edit: I may have spoke to soon.
    I also have a file named content.php in my root directory

PHP Code:
    <?php

chdir
    ('/home/username/public_html');
     require_once(
    '/home/username/public_html/content.php');
     require_once(
    '/home/username/public_html/vb/bootstrap.php');
    Last edited by steven s; Sat 10 Apr '10, 11:49am.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Alex Older
      • Sep 2003

I think it'd be eaiser to use a htaccess setup to just have it look like root and /forums
      Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Comment

• wacnstac
        • Jul 2000
        • 3.6.x

So bottom line,..... does this work or not. Thinking about upgrading one of my smaller sites from 3.8.X to 4.0.3. This 3.8.X currently uses vbAdvanced on its homepage.

Comment

• Harv
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.1.x

So bottom line,..... does this work or not. Thinking about upgrading one of my smaller sites from 3.8.X to 4.0.3. This 3.8.X currently uses vbAdvanced on its homepage.
          Short answer, no it does not, if you want the files to physically reside in different directories. I upgraded a VBAdvanced site (I miss it every day) and your forum, cms, blogs etc. all still physically reside in the same folder. There are workarounds - some are content with them and some are not.

Comment

• wacnstac
            • Jul 2000
            • 3.6.x

Why do you miss VBAdvanced? What is the suite not doing for you? Do you need workarounds to get the CMS to work at root out of the box in 4.0.3?

Comment

• Harv
              • Jan 2005
              • 4.1.x

Why do you miss VBAdvanced? What is the suite not doing for you? Do you need workarounds to get the CMS to work at root out of the box in 4.0.3?
              I'm having widget-woes I won't go into in this thread I think missing the reliability and "bug-freeness" (I know that's not a word haha) of 3.8 is part of it as well.

Getting the CMS to work at root is a breeze, just use the supplied index.php - edit it (instructions are in the file) and stick it in the root. I've been using this method without issue for a while now. All my files are still in /forum though.

PM me if you want to see my site, you can hover the links and see if the solution is what you want.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...