Change domain name what about the database?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Change domain name what about the database?

If I change my domain name can I still retain everything from my current database posts, sigs, etc..

Or, does one have to start out fresh?

Thanks!!

• Bob_R
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

Anyone? I could really use a swift response.

Thanks.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
      • May 2007
      • 3.6.x

Of course. Just back it up and use it on the new site. Be sure to review vb's TOS regarding where the forum is used. You can only have one live install and one test install. Your license will have to be updated as well.
      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Bob_R
        • Jun 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und
        Of course. Just back it up and use it on the new site. Be sure to review vb's TOS regarding where the forum is used. You can only have one live install and one test install. Your license will have to be updated as well.
        Yes. I realize the license issues. I can just transfer that. I can't swing buying another $285 vBulletin package. I'm not trying to pull a fast one I just want to know how to do it correctly.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
          • May 2007
          • 3.6.x

I just told you. Back it up off your one domain and install it to the other one.
          s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...