X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdelaflor
    • Apr 2010

[Forum] Customizing VBulletin

Hello,

How can I customize the layout of VB? I'd like to add a welcom blurb to the front page and maybe some graphics.

I would also like customize the layout to display different items in the menu bar or to show various content on the front page like News or Blogs.

Thanks,

Mike
    www.digitalsculpting.net
  • Harv
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.1.x

You have a lot of reading to do (that's a very broad question)

Here is as good a place to start as any: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...-vBulletin-com

then read up on grids, layout manager, widgets and stylevars. I hate getting answers like the one I just gave, but someone else would have come along with the same answer.

Hints to get you started :

Grid - how many columns / rows on CMS "front page"
    Layout Manager - fill your grid with widgets and content
    Widgets - placed on the "front page" - there are widgets to show latest posts, latest blogs, etc.
    News / Articles - you can pull (promote) content from your forums or blogs or create from CMS. (primary content area in layout manager)

Sorry if my answer is vague or overly simplistic - it just sounds as if you are just in the initial set-up phase. All apologies if that isn't the case.

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

you might also check out the vb modding site, www.vbulletin.org
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

A bit off topic, but you might want to use the latest version of vb as it is best to keep your forum up to dated witht he latest version, security-wise.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...