• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BiZiMDiYaR
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Optimization Advice

Hi,

There used to be a topic for server optimazation, but was not able to find it . Lynne was looking at it, as I recall... Therefore I have openend this topic.

1) Choosing server and hosting network ?
    2) what settings to have ?

I am checking on what server to hire... At this moment I have seen two servers ( 2 different networks ) which got my attention. My first question would be which of the below servers is the better on and what is you advice on it.. Looking at the server and the network they are. ? I have a 20 normal sites, 2 vbulletin sites and 1 shoutcast radio with 200 listeners.

Server4you.de Network
    Opteron™ 1354, Quad-Core 64 Bit, 4x 2,2 GHz
    6 GB DDR2-RAM
    2x 500 GB SATA-HDD

Hetzner.de network
    Intel® Core™ i7-920 Quad-Core
    inkl. Hyper-Threading-Technologie
    Arbeitsspeicher 24 GB DDR3 RAM
    Festplatten 2 x 1500 GB SATA-II

The thing is, if there a real big difference between them as server + network.. ? as of course the i7 server is quite more expensive... Would the Quadcore be more then enough .. ? I don't need a porsche to go shopping .

Please advise and thanks

p.s. at this moment, I have a dual core and the VB4 is a bit slow.. Want to speed this up.
  • RS_Jelle
    • Jul 2005

You need to post this in the Server Configuration forum. The topic you are looking for is this one (read it first before posting over there).
    Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site
    DownloadsII - Add a downloads database to your vB 4

Comment

• BiZiMDiYaR
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

Ow.. Thanks.

How to move this topic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...