Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filt
    • May 2007

[Forum] Subdomains for Forum, CMS and blogs

Is it possible to have subdomains for the CMS, forums and blog?

Id like the cms to be on WWW.domain.com, the blogs to be on BLOG.domain.com and the forums to be on FORUM.domain.com.

Is this possible?

Im running vbullet 4 + vbseo.
  • jobBole
    • Dec 2009

I'm also wonder how can we do this.
    And now, the structure seems no so reasonable, and users will be confused when viewing theirs blog or the cms artciles.
    So I think vb team should add this, sub-domain for CMS, Blog and Forum, as standard in the next future version.
    Best Regards,
    Jerry

Comment

• CraigH
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.6.x

this is the single biggest complaint about 4.0 that was brought up eons ago in the beta and RC days... but has still not been addressed by JS as far as I know

Comment

• steven s
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by CraigH
        this is the single biggest complaint about 4.0 that was brought up eons ago in the beta and RC days... but has still not been addressed by JS as far as I know
        Not JelSoft anymore.

It's supposed to be included in vB4.0.3 but time will tell if it actually works.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• digitalpoint
          • Mar 2004
          • 4.1.x

I *almost* got it working with a simple plug-in for 4.0.2, but the tabs on the blog page that use AJAX wouldn't work because of the newish Origin control in the newest web browsers. It won't let you make an AJAX request to a different sub-domain without specifically allowing it via Access-Control-Allow-Origin HTTP header from the web server.

At that point, rather than add an extra HTTP header to every web request, I decided to wait and see if they got it squared away in 4.0.3... {crossing fingers}
          Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
          Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

• karlm
            • Jun 2006
            • 5.3.x

Here's hoping...
            VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
            No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• filt
              • May 2007

Any updates on this matter?

Comment

• adeba
                • Jun 2004
                • 4.2.X

I want to use that too. It should work now, right?

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                  • Sep 2008

Not at this time, you may inquire over on www.vbulletin.org to see if someone can custom code it for you perhaps.. there are both Free and Paid Request forums you can post in over there. On a related note though, there is a modification that will allow the sites to share a database, perhaps that is something you could utilize and make work in a similar manner however no matter what even if it's a subdomain or another URL entirely, if more than one domain on the same license then you can't do that, you will need to purchase a separate license for each sub-domain I'm afraid.

Basically:

1. Grant of License

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, vBulletin Solutions grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software on a single website server ("License") through a single installation. Each License may run one instance of the Software on one domain. Any modification of the Software intended to circumvent the foregoing is prohibited and will result in revocation of the License.
                  With the only exception to the above rule being that, you are allowed to have a single test installation, only one and it must be .htaccess protected and not readily available to the public.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                  Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                  Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Mr.Bennet
                    • Jun 2012

Is there still no way to make a subdomain?

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

There is, start your own thread and detail specifically what you want?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...