I would like to change the background color of articles & the home page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kfrosty
    • Feb 2010

[CMS] I would like to change the background color of articles & the home page

Hello,

I've downloaded the Dark Rider Style from vbulletin. I like it for the most part, however, the background color of the home page and the color of the text can be a little tough on the eyes.

I would like to either change the background color to a lighter shade or change the test to a darker black.

My first go around with vBulletin. I assume I make these changes in the ACP/Styles & Templates. Can anybody point me to the exact settings for the background color and Text colors of the Home page, Articles, Blogs?

Thanks
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I can't view the site in the link (it won't load for me), but I would guess you would want to start by looking at the Style Manager > StyleVars > doc_background . See if that is the stylevar you are wanting. Then for the font color, look at body_color

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kfrosty
      • Feb 2010

Thanks Lynne,

body_color which is under Common did the trick for the text font color. The doc_background however, changed the outside borders of the page. But not the main background. The portion in the center of the page. However you got me in the right area. What I was looking for was body_background.

That's odd that a couple of you at vBulletin can't get to the site. Think I'm going to start another thread and see if I can get some help trying to figure out the problems. I've got users in 5 countries connecting without problems.

I appreciate the help.

P.S. Is there a guide that explains all the Variables and what they do?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

We had a guide that was released with 4.0 that showed the various stylevars and what they did, however there have been many added since then. Here is the original blog with the information - StyleVar Visual Dictionary for Forum, Blog, and CMS (PDF Documents)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

The stylevar you want is body_background.

Code:
          .body_wrapper {
              padding: 0 {vb:math 2 * {vb:stylevar padding}} {vb:math {vb:stylevar padding}*2};
              background: {vb:stylevar body_background};
              -moz-border-radius: {vb:stylevar border_radius};
              -webkit-border-radius: {vb:stylevar border_radius};
          }
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...