X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kersti
    • Dec 2005
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Stylevars not working?

I'm trying a new skin for my site, I went in and changed the stylevars - started with the header image, no problem. I then changed the header_background colour. No effect. I then changed the doc_backgroundColor and doc_background vars and again no effect.

I've checked that I'm using the correct (new) style and that style has no parent so isn't inheriting anything...

What am I missing?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

How about a link to your site? Are you doing a Force Refresh to make sure your browser isn't caching the stylesheet?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kersti
      • Dec 2005
      • 4.2.X

Sorry, the site is www.intatters.com - the style is currently called WS - In Dev
      Yes, I'm doing a force refresh. Also tried different machines/browsers/links (just cos I moved from home to work) and still not seeing it.
      Header should all be purple, background should be red.

Comment

• kersti
        • Dec 2005
        • 4.2.X

I still haven't worked out what I'm missing here - I'm following the instructions given in 10 steps doc, does anyone have any ideas? Anyone else had a similar problem?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

You did not make the styles pickable for users, so I cannot view the other style.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment