Social Groups? Where do the usergroups from them go?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBen
    • Nov 2006

[Forum] Social Groups? Where do the usergroups from them go?

Can someone tell me where social groups usergroups go? Everytime a social group is created it also creates a usergroup I would like to assign these usergroups access to forums however that is not possible as the social groups usergroups are not listed under the normal usergroups, so where do they actually go and is it possible that I can see my social groups under normal usergroups?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

A usergroup is not created when you create a social group.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• TheBen
      • Nov 2006

Well if I go create a social group my usergroup sequence will go up by 1, so what exactly is it doing?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Are you talking about on your profile (member.php page)? That lists what 'groups' you belong to and social groups are considered 'groups'. If you belong to a joinable usergroup, then it would list that usergroup there as a Public Usergroup also. So, the Permission Groups box lists both UserGroups and Social Groups.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• TheBen
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Lynne
          Are you talking about on your profile (member.php page)? That lists what 'groups' you belong to and social groups are considered 'groups'. If you belong to a joinable usergroup, then it would list that usergroup there as a Public Usergroup also. So, the Permission Groups box lists both UserGroups and Social Groups.
          Not really what I meant, I basically have social groups I would like to grant access to some forums, I had thought that because everytime a social group is created my usergroup manager sequence goes up by 1 that somehow somewhere these social groups where actually just like usergroups although not listed, if that makes sense.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...