Automatically "reply with quote" in PM's?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrSquid
    • Mar 2005

[Forum] Automatically "reply with quote" in PM's?

How do I turn make my PM's automatically "reply with quote"? I feel pretty stupid - I've looked but can't find it.

Thanks!
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

Just click the Reply with Quote button.

On my forum I removed the Quick Reply so that members only have the option to Reply with Quote.
    Last edited by Andy; Fri 12 Mar '10, 5:37pm.

Comment

• MrSquid
      • Mar 2005

Does that just give them the OPTION to reply with quote? Or does it automatically populate the reply field with the quote? (because that is what I want)

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by MrSquid
        Does that just give them the OPTION to reply with quote? Or does it automatically populate the reply field with the quote? (because that is what I want)
        You can click on the Reply with Quote button and see just how it works. Also you can send a PM to yourself to see how it works.

Comment

• MrSquid
          • Mar 2005

I get that - I know how that works. But my users don't want to HAVE to click on that button. They AUTOMATICALLY want the response field to be populated with the original message.

Comment

• Andy
            • Jan 2002
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by MrSquid
            I get that - I know how that works. But my users don't want to HAVE to click on that button. They AUTOMATICALLY want the response field to be populated with the original message.
            Interesting how Quick Reply doesn't quote the PM. I find that to be a huge problem because PM's really require quoting or else the reply is meaningless. I suggest doing what I have done and that is remove the Quick Reply.

Comment

• dema80
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Andy
              Interesting how Quick Reply doesn't quote the PM. I find that to be a huge problem because PM's really require quoting or else the reply is meaningless. I suggest doing what I have done and that is remove the Quick Reply.
              I find that a big problem as well. BTW, how do you remove Quick Reply in PM's only? Or did you remove the quick reply altogether (from forums as well?)

Comment

• MrSquid
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by dema80
                I find that a big problem as well. BTW, how do you remove Quick Reply in PM's only?
                Thanks fore resurrecting this. I still haven't figured out the way to fix this.

Comment

• Andy
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by dema80
                  I find that a big problem as well. BTW, how do you remove Quick Reply in PM's only? Or did you remove the quick reply altogether (from forums as well?)
                  I removed quick reply in PM's by doing a template edit.

Comment

• Diablotic
                    • Feb 2010

Removing quick reply isn't really a good solution. I would like my users can use quick reply without clicking "reply" button and the message should be quoted.
                    http://angliki.info

Comment

• sevenmix
                      • Apr 2009

isnt there any solution to this?

Comment

• adbox
                        • Dec 2010

I'm looking for this too. Coming over from phpBB it was nice that a record was kept automatitcally for reference below each new pm. Even after sending a pm, the latest pm that you recieved was updated to reflect your sent message. A mod like this would be fantastic.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...