X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • princeedward
    • Jan 2007

[Forum] Currently Active Members/Users: Current Activity

Code:
       <li> {vb:stylevar dirmark}<a class="username" href="{vb:link member, {vb:raw loggedin}}" title="{vb:rawphrase current_activity}:{vb:raw loggedin.action} {vb:raw loggedin.where}
    ">{vb:raw loggedin.musername}</a>{vb:raw loggedin.invisiblemark}{vb:raw loggedin.buddymark}</li>
    normally i guess this feature should vb default...
    with the above code tried to make that currently active members/user below on "What Going On Box" show their currently activity or whereabout when i/we hover the mouse cursor to any username...like the attachment below that i created only for this...(pls.view it below)

but it didn't go well...is there anything like plugin or something for this that i must be create, vb file to edit and add somethin or what?

guys need help here and appreciate it if anyone can guide me on this please...

thanks for your time reading this and best regards to all...

Attached Files
    Last edited by princeedward; Fri 12 Mar '10, 4:36am.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You didn't say where you added that code, but did you make sure to preregister the variables you are using there for use in the template?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• princeedward
      • Jan 2007

hi Lynne sorry did forgot to mention that i add that to forumhome_loggedinuser template....pre-register? HUH! i guess i have to create plugin or do you have any quick and easy tutorials on that please...can't find any easy one for my head...

thanks anyway...and best regards

Last edited by princeedward; Fri 12 Mar '10, 7:42am.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Cellarius wrote a really good article that you may be interested in - [vB4] Rendering templates and registering variables - a short guide

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• princeedward
          • Jan 2007

thanks Lynne....gonna try my best to learn somethin there...best regards to you...

Comment

• princeedward
            • Jan 2007

still got no idea about all of this...and it really keep my head spin...

...to be honest i have no exact idea or i'm just trying everything to make the way i like it like on my attachment image above...or trying to figure out how to do this or if this is possible...

so let say forget all the things i made or add...just a simple questions....is it possible to show the exact location or current activity of the user's online which we see on the

WGO: Currently Active Members ? or not?

do i have to create anything on this to make it happen or how do i fetch the current activity of each members online? which we can see always on our member php page like the attachment image below...

memberinfo_block_ministats current activity code

Code:
            <vb:if condition="$prepared['action']">
            	<dl class="stats">
            		<dt>{vb:rawphrase current_activity}</dt>
            		<dd> {vb:raw prepared.action} {vb:raw prepared.where}</dd>

</dl>
            	</vb:if>
            	<vb:if condition="$prepared['lastactivitydate']">
            	<dl class="stats">
            		<dt>{vb:rawphrase last_activity}</dt>
            		<dd> {vb:raw prepared.lastactivitydate}<vb:if condition="!$show['detailedtime']"> <span class="time">{vb:raw prepared.lastactivitytime}</span></vb:if></dd>
            	</dl>
            	</vb:if>

best regards...

Attached Files
            Last edited by princeedward; Mon 15 Mar '10, 6:41am.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

I would guess you will need to hook into the query for the users to also get their location. The place to be posting for help with that is over on vbulletin.org though, not here.

Comment

• princeedward
                • Jan 2007

...well thanks anyway Lynne apreciate really your help on this...now it's a bit clear for me how to do this...i guess

best regards

Comment

• LaCN
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 3.6.x

So, in short, u guys create this whole complete new system to adjust the vB forum.. And we don't get any help on how to use it ?

Thusfar I've only seen 2 blog posts and 2 .org threads, but that's obviously not enough.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by LaCN
                    So, in short, u guys create this whole complete new system to adjust the vB forum.. And we don't get any help on how to use it ?

Thusfar I've only seen 2 blog posts and 2 .org threads, but that's obviously not enough.
                    The plugin system is not new at all. The issue he is trying to create a modification for would need the same process in 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, and 4.0. The data is not available, but there is a query hook to use, so you use it to get the info and then spit it out. There are many articles about the hook/plugin system over on vbulletin.org and it is even in the manual. We've been using this system for several years now.

Comment

• LaCN
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 3.6.x

I must have been overlooking something then.. as to my experience all the variables and how to use them changed significantly.
                      But then I've only experienced version 3.0 till now...

(of course most of us are familiar with the plugin system
                      so if there's so little changed.. then where's the few how-to's it would only need ?
                      (besides the few I've already mentioned of course))

Nothing personal at u, btw
                      I think u're awsome

It's just at the VB-sales departement, to just "write the f.. manual"

Comment