X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s0lidgr0und
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Thread Title Wrapping

On pages such as New Posts and forumdisplay, how would I go about having the thread title wrap to a second or third line instead of just truncating it?
    s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.
  • sulasno
    • Feb 2010

have you tried increasing the number of characters?
    http://sulasno.bravehost.com/android.png

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
      • May 2007
      • 3.6.x

Yes. That seems to increase the number of characters you can input as the title, not how many are displayed in New Posts.
      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
        • May 2007
        • 3.6.x

Last edited by s0lidgr0und; Fri 9 Apr '10, 1:21am.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Without editing the template, the only thing I can think that you can do is change overflow to wrap in .searchtitle and then you'd have to add "clear:both" to .threadbit .threadmeta

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
            • May 2007
            • 3.6.x

Thanks, Lynne, but that didn't do what I was looking for. In fact, it made it uglier. I'll submit a ticket.

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
              • May 2007
              • 3.6.x

To anyone interested, here is the response I received regarding the ticket I submitted.

Hi William,

There isn't really another 'fix' for this. If the title wraps, then the images do weird things to the row the thread title is in (as you have seen). If you don't have images there, and have the row all the same color, then it may look better for you. However, the other option is to rewrite the threadbit template (or search_threadbit template). If you need help with that, then you should ask for help over on vbulletin.org.

Regards,

Lynne Sands
              vBulletin Support Staff
              While I appreciate the honesty of the response, and I find it unacceptable and yet another step backward for the software. I shouldn't have to edit anything to get something to display properly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...