X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcharley94
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] Altered my config.php and now forums are down...HELP

I just upgraded to vBulletin 4 last night.

Everything went well, but just now I went into my config.php file via FTP and updated my technical email address.

Now I cannot access the forum and instead i get the following message...

"Configuration: includes/config.php exists, but is not in the 3.6+ format. Please convert your config file via the new config.php.new."

I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

When you download vbulletin and unzip it, there is a file called config.php.new located under /includes folder. You will want to rename that to config.php and edit it with your details. The most important details being the following:

$config['Database']['dbname']
    $config['MasterServer']['username']
    $config['MasterServer']['password']

after you have updated the details ftp it to your server.

Comment

• mcharley94
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.5.x

OK, first off. TY Andy for the quick reply.

I did just as you suggested and it worked. Things are back up and appear to be back to normal for the moment.

Thankfully I had just created a new config.php file just moments before altering the one on my server while attempting to create a test forum via some instructions I found here on this forum. Unfortunately I haven't had any luck in that respect, but the config.php file I created (along with your insightful recommendation) saved the day so there was a silver lining to my madness.

I am wanting to create a test forum so as to learn my way around this new version without doing what I just did, shut the forum down. Switching from 3.8 to 4.0.2 was quite a shock. Even more mind blowing (for me at least) is trying to find my way around the CP to change the drab look of the default.

For now I think I'll just take a break from trying to figure things out, at least for a couple hours at the very least

Comment