• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoftDux
    • May 2007
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] trouble moving forum to new server

Hi,

I'm trying to move a vBulletin forum to a different server (based on VirtualMin, which has a different directory structure than the previous server (based on LxAdmin). The original installation used /home/airgunsports/airgunsports.co.za/ for the forum root, and the new structure uses /home/airgunsports/airgunsports.co.za/

I have moved all the files, imported the DB, updated the config.php to use the new DB username & password, but when I visit the site on the new server it wants to run /install/install.php

How do I fix this problem, so that it doesn't try and install the forum again?
    SA WebHosting Talk - Running on vBulletin 3.6.0
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

The new DB, where you imported the old DB to, does it have the same name and table prefixes as before? Does your config.php match the settings?

If the install.php script wants to run, I would think that it sees a blank or empty DB or no DB at all.

Just a guess on this one, seems like you did everything else correctly.
    To be updated...

Comment

• SoftDux
      • May 2007
      • 3.5.x

heh, my bad I made a typo with the username on the MySQL server. But it's working now, thanx
      SA WebHosting Talk - Running on vBulletin 3.6.0

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by SoftDux
        heh, my bad I made a typo with the username on the MySQL server. But it's working now, thanx
        Excellent.
        To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...