X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Windian
    • Oct 2009

[Forum] Upgrading troubles

Hi,

I went to upgrade my website www.forthewindian.net from v4.0.1 to 4.0.2. I closed my forums and overwrote all the files in my main directory minus the image files. When I went to start the upgrade process at install/upgrade.php, i got a database error. the every page on the site gets this error now. I tried to reupload the old files (4.0.1) but I still get the database error. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
  • Windian
    • Oct 2009

Bump, is there any way to restore my forums?

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

If you are getting a database error, it would more helpful to post exactly what the error is.
      To be updated...

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

Did you backup your database before starting the upgrade process?

Comment

• Windian
          • Oct 2009

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I did back up the database, and all my forum files. Would it be best to just restore the backups manually through my cpanel?

Also, the database error isn't what you're thinking of I don't think. It's just stated as a 'Database Error' when you visit the site (www.forthewindian.net), unless there's another way to check?

Comment

• boatdesign
            • Jun 2001

In your browser click View Source on the error page to see the actual error.

I'm seeing a mysql connect denied -- check to be sure your /includes/config file is correct and didn't get overwritten and that the username/password and mysql server are correct there.
            Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...