Clear All
  • pjcnlv
    • Feb 2002

[CMS] Separate Colums for Section Content on Home Page

I have 3 content themes:

Theme a
    Theme b
    Theme c

I want the content in theme a to span the top of my front page "primary content" area and display excerpts of the two latest articles.

Under this section content, I want two columns, each display 3 of the latest excerpts for theme b and theme c respectively.

Widgets ---------- Primary Content Theme A -----------Widgets
    Widgets ---- Theme B Content - Theme C Content ----Widgets

How do I do this?
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

The only way to do it straight out of the box would be pretty manual. You would have to set up the home page with a 1x2 content columns and an odd number of items per page and "manual only" or "manual" display order. Then manually assign
    Theme A : Position 1
    Theme B: Position 2,4,6 ...
    Theme C: Position 3,5,7 ...

It would not be extremely difficult to write a custom extension of the list controller to do this automatically, or a widget that would display under the main content, but it's not currently in vBulletin. Interesting idea though.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• thehotweb
      • Nov 2002

Bump.

This is something I am interested in doing as well. Has something like this become available? I have the latest version of vBulletin. Thanks.
      leftunderground.com - Progressive Message Board Open To Everyone

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...