X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dennis Kaczor
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    You should open a support ticket then so we can get access to your site and see what the problem is. I cannot recreate this issue on a clean installation.
    Thanks Wayne, I will try a few other things on the system first and if these don't work I will open a ticket on this. It sure is a strange one for me.

Dennis

Comment

• Edwin Brown
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2009
      • 5.5.x

Are you giving everybody HTML access? If so, PLEASE STOP NOW.

Sorry for shouting. HTML access means that this person can create content that includes raw HTML. Perfect if you want your site to be known as the place to go to create an XSS attack, bad idea otherwise. See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry.php?2408-v403-CMS-Permissions

Actually, reading back over your post you describe exactly what I would expect if you never published your content. I may have missed it, but I didn't notice any questions about published status. Please could you verify that both the sections and articles are published with dates in the past (at least one second ago)? If you have released content there is no reason why normal users need more than "read", and in v403 "download". If they do something is misconfigured.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Dennis Kaczor
        • Sep 2005
        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Originally posted by Edwin Brown
        Are you giving everybody HTML access? If so, PLEASE STOP NOW.

Sorry for shouting. HTML access means that this person can create content that includes raw HTML. Perfect if you want your site to be known as the place to go to create an XSS attack, bad idea otherwise. See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry.php?2408-v403-CMS-Permissions

Actually, reading back over your post you describe exactly what I would expect if you never published your content. I may have missed it, but I didn't notice any questions about published status. Please could you verify that both the sections and articles are published with dates in the past (at least one second ago)? If you have released content there is no reason why normal users need more than "read", and in v403 "download". If they do something is misconfigured.
        No problem for shouting, you are just advising this is a bad idea and I understand, I only had set that for the admin only and no others. I placed a support ticket on this and it was resolved some time last night and here is a copy of that message, so that if any others have the same issue could get their issues resolved as well.

You gave those usergroups the Can publish, which gives them access to the other permissions as well. At this time permissions are inclusive of others.

As for why they can't see the page: Show on Section widget is set to no, this is currently asking if you want to hide the page.

Zachery Woods

Comment

• freestyle
          • Jun 2005

That link seems to be gone... Can you redirect us?
          Originally posted by Dennis Kaczor
          I placed a support ticket on this and it was resolved some time last night and here is a copy of that message, so that if any others have the same issue could get their issues resolved as well.

You gave those usergroups the Can publish, which gives them access to the other permissions as well. At this time permissions are inclusive of others.

As for why they can't see the page: Show on Section widget is set to no, this is currently asking if you want to hide the page.

Zachery Woods
          Changing the "show on section widget" made my home page viewable to read only permissions. So that was helpful. However, since the issue has nothing at all to do with widgets, that is an odd choice to house this viewing permission.

Comment

• Dennis Kaczor
            • Sep 2005
            • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

There was no link at all, just follow thesre instructions that they gave me that they had found. On the CMS page, click on the root Edit Pencil, and look for the radio button that is underlined below, that was part of the problem. The below listed fixed my problems and I hope that this will correct your issue.

Comment

• Carly1
              • Sep 2005

I was having the same problem. I was sure the articles were set as published. I had ticked the Publish option when I first created it, I am 100% positive of that.

Turns out, when I went in to double check it, the toggle was set to No for Published, and setting it to Yes immediately fixed the problem.

I would triple check.

Comment

• Fun and Bliss
                • May 2010

Hi Wayne,

On my site www.funandbliss.com, am facing the same problem, here any registered member can edit any article (and may do the admin role) as can move the mouse over the EDIT Pencil and edit any article.

Comment

• Fun and Bliss
                  • May 2010

On the front page of my forums 'Home Page' - any registered member can edit as there is still the edit option avaliable (the pencil) and there is also the same edit option for each article. How do I lock these areas down to view only access?

Comment

• nakedanvil
                    • Mar 2010

Go to adminCP > cms permissions and set them as you need.

Comment

• Fun and Bliss
                      • May 2010

I tried it, but no changes

Comment

• nakedanvil
                        • Mar 2010

I've had to go through the cycle twice before (don't understand that), clear cms cache, log out, log in as user, clear browser cache. It will work.

Comment

• roller
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Dennis Kaczor
                          No problem for shouting, you are just advising this is a bad idea and I understand, I only had set that for the admin only and no others. I placed a support ticket on this and it was resolved some time last night and here is a copy of that message, so that if any others have the same issue could get their issues resolved as well.

Zachery Woods
                          Is this still the case? I want my users to be able to publish content, but I don't want them to be able to edit other's content.

Comment

• roller
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by roller
                            Is this still the case? I want my users to be able to publish content, but I don't want them to be able to edit other's content.
                            FWIW, I upgraded to 4.0.6 tonight and it doesn't seem to have addressed this issue.

This is a pretty serious issue. Shall I start a ticket?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...