X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smelly_Fed
    • Feb 2003
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Style manager variables not working

I'm attempting to adjust variables in the style manager - and they aren't taking effect.

I tried to adjust the margin in:
    vbcms_navwidget_margin (Right 10)
    vbcms_widget_margin (Left 10)

The margins have remained exactly the same (0).
    http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/forum//content.php

I also tried to adjust my logo as per instructions I found in this forum and that didn't work either. I had to rename my logo the same as the one currently in use by my style and then upload over the top of the old logo.

All this leads me to believe that for some reason, changes I make in the style manager aren't taking effect.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

First, you realize your link is incorrect - it has two // in it. (check vboptions > sit url/etc > the two urls you enter there should not have trailing slashes.

Second, I get this when I go to your site " The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Go to your Home page and hover over the Section Title > click the pencil that appears > set the Style to Inherit (or a specific style, if that is what you want). Now see if the stylevars are working.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Smelly_Fed
      • Feb 2003
      • 4.2.X

Fixed the slash issue but that didn't seem to correct the problem. Columns still aren't displaying margins correctly.

My host chose an inopportune time to do a cpanel update. It should be running now.

Comment

• Smelly_Fed
        • Feb 2003
        • 4.2.X

These Style Manager Vars are still not working.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

You only have widgets on there and they have a left margin of 10 like you entered (vbcms_widget_margin).

I have found the best method to add padding to the middle column is to add this to additional.css instead of playing with the margins:
          Code:
          #gridl3_content {
          padding:0 10px;

}

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Smelly_Fed
            • Feb 2003
            • 4.2.X

Thanks - but where do I edit additional css now that the Main CSS file is obsolete?

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

It's a template, so it is listed in with the templates under the heading CSS Templates

Comment

• Mind11
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Lynne
                Go to your Home page and hover over the Section Title > click the pencil that appears > set the Style to Inherit (or a specific style, if that is what you want). Now see if the stylevars are working.
                I have (Style -> Inherit) and I want to change on Deafult Style, but I cannot change it, why?

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. If a style is available in the chooser (you have selected the checkbox in the Style Manager for the style), then it should show up in the same dropdown as Inherit and you should be able to select it for your section.

Comment