• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeToY
    • Nov 2009

[Forum] "Show Edited by note" not working properly

Hello there,

since 2 days i'm having the following problem:
    I've set the setting "Show edited by note on edited messages?" for Group Administrators to "no".

Since 2 days i've set myself as a leader of 2 additional usergroups with this setting set to "Yes".

Now when i edit a post, this edited-message is being shown. Despite the fact that i'm in the PRIMARY Usergroup "Administrators" and set to the "Display Usergroup".

How can i change this?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If you have a Yes in one of your other usergroups, then the Yes will cancel out the No which is why you are getting a Yes, show edited by.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• zeroality
      • Jun 2006

That's what I thought the problem was as well, so I removed the secondary group and it is still showing up. This is the third thread that I've found about this that has provided no solution so it is obviously a widespread problem that needs to be addressed.

Comment

• SeToY
        • Nov 2009

It's fixed for me with Lynne's answer

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by zeroality
          That's what I thought the problem was as well, so I removed the secondary group and it is still showing up.
          Do you mean it still shows up in old posts, or it shows up in posts you edit after you change this?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• tonmo
            • Dec 2004
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Lynne
            If you have a Yes in one of your other usergroups, then the Yes will cancel out the No which is why you are getting a Yes, show edited by.
            Is the opposite true as well? i.e., if I have a user who is a "no" in their primary, but a "yes" in their secondary, is it true that that user will still display the "edited by" disclaimer?

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

The Yes will always override the No.

Comment

• tonmo
                • Dec 2004
                • 5.0.X

Oh, well that stinks because now all my facebook connect users will be immune to edit stamps, which is inconsistent with other users. I guess maybe removing myself from the fb usergroup is the best answer.

Comment

• Supersix
                  • May 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                  Do you mean it still shows up in old posts, or it shows up in posts you edit after you change this?
                  Same issue here. Changed both usergroups to "no" and still shows. When I drop
                  the second usergroup doesnt work either.......
                  What gives? Is there a global master setting for this?
                  Thanks
                  vintage airstream|airstream forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...