Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSSlippy
    • Jan 2006

[CMS] Creating a simple news page

I have now spent an hour trying to create a simple news page. Also I want is in the left column a feed from my forums showing all the threads from one forum. Then right side forum posts and recent blog posts.

I can not for the life of me get my threads from my forums to show in the primary content area. I do not want to manually enter anything in there.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

The primary content area of the layout grabs the content from your CMS - your articles. It doesn't grab any threads from your site unless you create a widget to do so and put it in that area. But, you cannot get rid of the pirmary content block in a layout.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• indie
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Lynne
      But, you cannot get rid of the pirmary content block in a layout.
      I suggest that we can, so we can use widget only pages. I have one page that has a 100% widget with content inside, and I'd like to disable the content block because it just says there is no content on the page now, when there is.

Thanks

Comment

• Edwin Brown
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2009
        • 5.5.x

If you really want to do this you should be able to by editing either vbcms_content_section_page or vbcms_content_article_page. Depending on whether you want this on an article or a page. Create a new style, in that style replace the content of the template with something like

{vb:raw css}

and use that style for the section. You should have just the widget. Please do it with a new "test" style, because I haven't played around with this. I've never had a reason to.
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• indie
          • Aug 2004

I'd rather have it as an option. Seems like the best way would be in Layout Manager where you can add and remove widgets and move Primary Content around with the widgets to just add a delete option (X) to the Primary Content box, like the widgets have. Primary Content is there but with no (X). I would really like to see this added.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...