Problem with thread titles containing multiple dots and multiple pages since 4.02....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tycoel
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Problem with thread titles containing multiple dots and multiple pages since 4.02....

My users have threads with titles containing multiple dots at the end (for instance: About Me.....)
    Since my upgrade to 4.02 an hour ago, when you try to access page 2 with either MSIE or FF, which has a URL of
    http://(mysite)/showthread.php?15889-Lightbulb-moment....../page2

I receive the error
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at (site)Port 80

FWIW I've editted the thread title to remove the dots and it works fine.
    Last edited by tycoel; Mon 22 Feb '10, 5:52pm.
  • tycoel
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

anyone???

Comment

• worried
      • Dec 2008
      • 4.2.X

I've had similar problems. Remove the multiple dots from the title. I ended up removing the friendly URL feature because it needs more work.

Comment

• AndyPH
        • Mar 2006

Does this thread need to be bumped lots to get to a second page?
        OZgolf.net Forums

Comment

• pumarjr
          • May 2006
          • 3.5.x

i am having the same issue, as we are paying customers, i would think someone would reply with an answer

Comment

• setishock
            • Jun 2005
            • 4.2.x

It's the weekend. The office opens back up Monday. As for being a paying customer, we're all paying customers...
            And this thread has got some time on it. Would have been better to open your own thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...