X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • v7web
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Is This Another Bug?

Trying to import a new style into a live vBulletin 4.0.1 (the skin was created on a test installation on my local server)
    I just cant get the skin to import (I have done this hundreds of times in vB3 without any problems).

When set to "(create new style)" the import goes through the motions and says that "merge" was succesfull" but no new style shows up in the template manager.
    I even tried to create a new style in the template manager first and then import my xml and merge it into the created style but nothing works.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you tried Rebuild All Styles (or Rebuild Style Information)? When you Import, are you leaving all the settings at default? When you exported the style, what did you select under Options - get customizations made in this style and parent or ??

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• v7web
      • Dec 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      Have you tried Rebuild All Styles (or Rebuild Style Information)? When you Import, are you leaving all the settings at default? When you exported the style, what did you select under Options - get customizations made in this style and parent or ??
      Lynne,
      I tried rebuilding all styles (no luck)

Yes when importing all settings are default (style was created in vB4.0.1 and importing into vB4.0.1

When exported I had the "Get customizations made only in this style" button ticked

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Hmmm, I tried an import doing what you said you did and it worked for me on my test sites. Are you getting anything in your error_logs? What do you get in maintenance > diagnostics > problematic webserver modules ?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...