Can You Enable Users Not Logged in to see Newest Thread Widget?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fishman620
    • Apr 2006

[CMS] Can You Enable Users Not Logged in to see Newest Thread Widget?

Hi

Can you enable users not logged in to see the newest thread widget in the CMS that appears on the CMS Homepage or in other areas of the site like articles? ie is there a setting to turn this one and off?

Thanks

Brandon
    -----
    Brandon
    Chief Angler at Tidal Fish
    Over 61,500 anglers talking fishing
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

This uses the privileges from the Forum system. If the user could see it in the forum they can see the preview in CMS.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• MikeH2911
      • Apr 2007

Thats not totally true, I had issues with this, my guest users could see the forum just fine but not the forum threads widget. This is because the widget works on search permissions. My Guest usergroup did not have permission to search the forums, hence empty widget. The vbulletin default setting for the guest usergroup is to have search disabled, so if you don't change that the widget will be blank.

Comment

• Fishman620
        • Apr 2006

Mike H2911

Thanks for that response! Makes sense, but a catch 22 for us. I want visitors to see the widget, but I do not want them able to search because of the possible spammers getting access or trying the jam the site up.

I have to add an additional request for the VB CMS that we have the option to roll out widget info with out giving access to search
        -----
        Brandon
        Chief Angler at Tidal Fish
        Over 61,500 anglers talking fishing

Comment

• Edwin Brown
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.5.x

I see. In v402 there are "recent posts" and "recent threads" widgets. Those don't use the search system, so the search permissions aren't an issue. They leave out keyword search but add some type-specific options. Similar recent articles, blog posts, and blog comments will be in v403.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• svandanam
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Edwin Brown
            I see. In v402 there are "recent posts" and "recent threads" widgets. Those don't use the search system, so the search permissions aren't an issue. They leave out keyword search but add some type-specific options. Similar recent articles, blog posts, and blog comments will be in v403.
            I don't see the recent threads widget in my V402 admin control panel . Can you please point me in the right direction where I can find it ??

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...