• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy Patten
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] User Albums

Hi All,

Is there an option for non members to view users albums, as i can't seem to find out where this is a option.

It must be a security feature like, with viewing posts, but i just can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Andy
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If you allow your users to set Privacy for items in their profile (vboptions > user profile options), then they may choose to only allow Registered Users to view the albums.

You can also look under Usergroup Manager > Unregistered Users > User Album Permissions.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• </blunted>
      • Sep 2002
      • 3.8.x

album type is public. unregistered do not get served this album image. They get to see the album, index, album and image pages, with blank spaces for the images.

edit: I should add that these images do not show up for posted album images however the unregistered source still contains the image tag in the html, and that I've rebuilt all the images in the maintenance section (only thumbs, AFAIK)

what am I forgetting? seems strange this would be something that needs enabling somehow.
      Originally posted by Lynne
      If you allow your users to set Privacy for items in their profile (vboptions > user profile options), then they may choose to only allow Registered Users to view the albums.
      they do not, anyway, the test album is public.

Originally posted by Lynne
      You can also look under Usergroup Manager > Unregistered Users > User Album Permissions.
      set to yes.
      Last edited by </blunted>; Mon 22 Feb '10, 12:03pm.
      "I actually ignored at least 20 of your attacks before I ever came back at you." -- Lawrence Cole

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I just did a test on my 4.0.2 site. Admin created a new Public Album and uploaded a picture into it. I tried to view it as an unregistered user and could not. Then I checked the usergroup permissions and changed the default Can View Albums from No to Yes. My unregistered user was then able to see the album.

You said the image tag is in the html. Can you put that link in your browser and view the image? Also, what do you have set in usergroup permissions for Can Download Attachments?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• </blunted>
          • Sep 2002
          • 3.8.x

thanks for the reply.

download attachments is enabled.

yes, unregistered gets the image (tag) in the html. in firebug, I can see that the unregistered user is served a 1x1 blank image (says it's a image/gif), which I only see once I force a refresh of the page after logging out to dump local cache of the image I saw as logged in.
          "I actually ignored at least 20 of your attacks before I ever came back at you." -- Lawrence Cole

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...